Geoblink is a VC-backed tech startup that revolutionizes the way businesses think about – and act upon – location intelligence. We’re on a path towards hyper growth. We’re looking for world-class talent to fuel our ambitious international expansion plans. Someone who can help us “figure things out” and do them at the same time. We can offer a unique opportunity to be part of an amazing team. We’re a smart, fun, and hard-working bunch, and we’re super proud to have attracted top-notch talent from places like McKinsey, Chicago Booth, Harvard, CERN, EA Games, and so on.
At Geoblink we use some of the latest technologies to find solutions to some very hard problems We leverage GIS technologies and Big Data to create a beautiful map-based user interface that provides lots of statistics and a rich user experience. We have fun solving interesting challenges! Our systems are built using an SOA approach that allows us to perform multiple deployments per day. We <3 monitoring, pull requests, continuous deployment and automated testing. The trunk of our stack is Node.js, Angular and PostgreSQL but our architecture is language-agnostic. We move fast but put a lot of thought into the design of our architecture so that it’s simple and scalable. We write clean, modular code to produce great software that solves the needs of our clients.
Geoblink is looking for a Senior Software Engineer for backend that can help us develop and expand the server side systems that power up our solution and related applications, while keeping or even improving the scalability, performance and code quality of them.
- Design and implement the server side of our applications including database systems, following architectural best practices to create services that are secure, decoupled, scalable and performant
- Design and implement the internal and external APIs to expose the right end points following best practices regarding security, reusability, simplicity, performance and versioning
- Engage in a constant and close collaboration with the Product and Design teams from conception to implementation to build a best-in-class tool regarding usability, reliability and performance
- Be one of the team champions regarding correct peer reviews, refactorization, code reusability, testing and quality for all the back end code that is written at Geoblink
- Help maintain and improve the development processes in place including continuous integration and deployment, peer programming and code reviews
- Get involved in DevOps tasks including infrastructure configuration, service discovery, automated testing and monitoring
- Coach and mentor other team members to create a culture that fosters collaboration and growth
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related degree or experience
- Great coding skills, high standards for good quality code that is elegant, well structured and easy to understand
- Proven experience building, maintaining and expanding web applications and backend systems
- Experience with SOA architecture or microservices, ideally in distributed or high trafficked systems
- Ability to craft simple and elegant solutions to complex problems
- Strong software development fundamentals like data structures, algorithms, problem solving or system architecture
- Can lead a discussion in your field of expertise providing clear and strong opinions in a ego-free way
- Able to explain what you did during the weekend in English
- Any published open source code is a plus
- Experience with on-premises integrations is a plus
- A curious person, love learning and learn quickly
- Energetic, positive, proactive and collaborative
- Passionate about what you do, you care deeply about the things you build
- Big attention to detail and a good nose to catch smelly code or wrong approaches to a given problem
- Good written and spoken communication skills, can adapt the language to technical and non-technical audiences
- Don’t mind working in a very busy startup because you are learning a ton of things, are having fun while working with smart people in an non-ego environment and are building something that has a big impact
- Constantly reading about new trends to see what’s going on out there and how you can incorporate new technologies into your current project when there are good reasons for it
- Work in “One of the 50 most promising startups of the world” By Bloomberg
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment
- Learning from and working with talented people
- Great team atmosphere
- Vibrant, fun, and international environment
- Many perks, like table football or team events
If you feel identified with this kind of working and you are willing to face the challenges we propose, THIS IS YOUR TEAM! We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!