The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is hiring a Senior Software Engineer for Twilio’s Voice & Video Trust Engineering team to deliver scalability, resiliency and quality. You will build next generation systems and services, including automated frameworks and tools to enable real-time, low latency services for next generation communications around the world.
Twilio is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a demonstrated track record of success:
- You have the skills to collaborate across multiple remote teams, leading development of the software systems to ultimately deliver the APIs and services for Twilio’s Voice & Video platform.
- You bring a depth of experience in complex distributed systems, understanding what it takes to operate high-quality Java-based systems in production.
- You have breadth of development and operational experience in building tools and frameworks, with an understanding of continuous deployment processes to ensure quality.
- You think at scale, exceeding high availability SLA goals, bringing a focus on continuous delivery methodologies from design through deployment and operations.
- You have past experience with developing services including functional, load, and performance testing in a cloud platform or enterprise scale environment.
- Highly desirable - you have built and managed systems that leverage DevOps and/or Data Pipelines, including experience with Kafka, Elasticsearch, Docker, and/or Terraform.
- You will build and operate Voice & Video services based on Twilio standard procedures and guidelines, towards 24x7 availability, with high performance, scalable and zero downtime releases in AWS environment.
- Most importantly, you have the desire to collaborate across teams to build, test and operate services at scale.
- Bachelors/Masters degree required, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience including relevant experience with software development lifecycle and complex distributed systems projects.
A great day for you would be:
- Working across several collaborative teams, building the tools, frameworks, and pipelines to ensure operational excellence for Twilio’s Voice & Video platform APIs and services.
- Pushing production code that’s impacting millions of developers and helping companies solve their problems. Companies rely on us for their communications - there’s no downtime. We change the engine of the plane while we’re still flying it.
Twilio Engineers use Programmable Voice and Video to build unique communication experiences to make, receive and control voice interactions around the globe. Twilio’s Voice team develops and operates the worldwide infrastructure for call processing, including signalling, media, routing, conference, payment and speech services.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
Either working in our beautiful office at Paseo de la Castellana 77, Madrid, or the option to work remotely, you can still enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.