OpenSeneca is a new digital democracy start-up launched in Barcelona in 2016.
We are building a global citizen participation SaaS platform that
helps people and their leaders discover, discuss and decide on the
issues they care about.
Moreover, no less, our goal is to become the global standard for open data.
While we are growing at a tremendous pace, we are focusing on achieving product/market fit and developing products with an eye towards the future.
This is a ground-floor opportunity for you to be a part of something fun, exciting and rewarding.
* Who we're looking for
We are looking for a T-shaped software engineer to help build, adapt
and maintain our SaaS platform. You must be a talented, passionate and
pragmatic software engineer who is:
- a team player, we are working with an Agile mindset
- software engineer experienced (preferably with Java) but without fear of playing with other technologies if it's the case (PHP, React, NodeJS, DevOps...)
- comfortable using git and the command line
- experienced with continuous deployment environments
- willing to learn
More specifically, we're looking for someone with:
- a minimum of three years of development experience
- experience with object-oriented programming and server-side languages
- known and practice of XP practices (SOLID, TDD, BDD)
- comfortable in an english-speaking environment
Bonus points if:
- you have hands-on experience working with NoSQL databases like Mongo/Cassandra/Redis/others
- you have hands-on experience working in distributed systems
- you've been involved in moving from a monolithic application to microservices
- you are familiar with DevOps initiative
- Foster and spread the company values
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization of team's work
- Developing spikes for new ideas & products
- Help the team to grow
What we're offering:
- A permanent position in one of Barcelona's hottest start ups
- An attractive compensation model
- The chance to improve local democracy around the world (nothing more ;-)
- An outstanding work environment where you can develop both professionally and personally
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!