FilledThis offer is not available anymore
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat OpenStack Engineering team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join us. In this role, you will be expected to contribute to the integration of containerized services based on Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift with Red Hat OpenStack Platform. You'll play a key part in defining the architecture of new projects or features and in developing these from inception to inclusion upstream. In addition, you'll be involved with upstream community projects, Red Hat OpenStack Platform, and Red Hat OpenShift solutions. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will become part of a distributed team working on your own, but in close collaboration and regular communication with other team members and upstream developers. You'll need to be passionate about modern software development and open source and have broad software engineering experience and an interest in Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) services. Successful applicants must reside in a state where Red Hat is registered to do business.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain one or more of the Red Hat OpenStack Platform packages
- Collaborate with the product management and software architects and leads to refine offering requirements
- Work with the software quality engineers to review and enhance test plans
- Create high quality and extensible software
- Create and extend robust unit tests based on your experience with various unit test frameworks and methodologies
- Document code and designs
- Integrate Red Hat OpenStack Platform with other Red Hat’s offerings like Red Hat OpenShift and Red Hat Ansible Automation
- Be an active participant in Red Hat OpenStack Platform and related open source community projects
- Advanced software design and development experience
- Knowledge of OpenStack architecture and components
- Deep understanding of Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and cloud computing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Packaging experience with distributions using RPM Package Manager
- Advanced knowledge of Python or Go; knowledge of Go
- Knowledge of Red Hat OpenShift or Kubernetes architecture and components
- Experience creating high quality, extensible, robust software architectures
- Experience with Red Hat Ansible Automation
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
About Red Hat
Red Hat company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.