What we Believe
We believe that the advances in robotics and machine learning will transform the food industry, just as they are changing many industries now. In the not-too-distant future, the meals we eat will be prepared - chopped, cooked, and served - with the help of robots. This will save people - and businesses - time, lower costs, improve and standardise quality, and reduce food waste.
Who we Are
REMY Robotics is the latest project from Kinetik, a technology investment group with companies at the cutting edge of Electric Vehicles (ARRIVAL), Robofacturing (TRA Robotics) and Autonomous Vehicles (Roborace). Kinetik has offices in London, Los Angeles, and Moscow, while REMY Robotics is located in Barcelona. For REMY Robotics, we have brought together talented specialists in the fields of robotics and machine learning from all over the world.
What we're Building
We are using robotic technology to take the routine and inefficiency out of cooking, creating a ‘robot chef’ that can help cook any cuisine or any dish in the world. This could be used for businesses (factories, restaurants, delivery-only), or at home, where people will be able to eat restaurant quality meals at a fraction of the cost.
The core technologies that will allow us to do this are:
● Robotic Perception - we can achieve a new level of understanding of the environment through advanced machine learning and computer vision techniques.
● Robotic Intelligence - Our algorithms can control to a precise level, creating an intelligent robot that can perform and adapt in every environment.
● Robotic Platform - From driver level to high level control, our software is being optimised to meet the high performance and reliability standards of required tasks.
You connect the dots. As the Software engineer on the team you design and build the nervous system of our cooking robots. You define our software architecture, investigate new technologies and develop our backend on a daily basis. Cooking elaborate meals with lots of different ingredients is a complex business. It'll be jour job to make sure everything is scheduled to perfection, integrated with third party services and 100% reliable. Experience in complex (micro services) environments goes a long way and a good understanding of robotics disciplines will bring it all together. Besides our high level scheduler and API, you'll work with a variety of robotics middlewares (ROS, ROS 2) and across a range of high and low level programming languages. You're an expert problem solver that can get to the basics and write beautifully elegant and efficient solutions.
What will make you a great candidate
- A Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience in complex micro services environments
- Object-Oriented design and development experience (C++, Python)
- The ability to work well in a fast moving, product focussed development team
- A desire to create a product that can help greatly reduce food waste
What success means in this role
- Your architecture is as reliable as its gets. We can run hundreds of bots simultaneously and serve thousands of delicious meals with minimal waste
- You continually manage to meet our tough efficiency and output requirements
- The team follows proper development processes because you're on top of them
- Your code is clean, readable and well structured
- Code performance is never an issue. You write efficient systems that scale
- The team considers you vital for the project, on and off the field
- You are flexible in what you work on every sprint and easily switch between high level, low level and perception chalenges
Why join REMY*
- The beaches, food, vibes, mountains and architecture of Barcelona
- The chance to work on the next big thing in Foodtech
- Amazing colleagues and a great culture
- Personal growth, innovation and learning every day
- Health insurance for you and your family
- 23-25 paid vacation days
- Return flights home
- Gym subscription
- Spa & massage days
- Relocation assistance