PayFit simplifies payroll management and HR processes for SMBs. PayFit is an automated SaaS solution to help business owners and HR professionals save time and money allowing them to refocus on what really matters: their employees. Since 2015, we have set ourselves a mission to support the digital transformation of HR management through our ever growing range of product features and services. We have a strong presence in France and have been quickly growing in Germany, Spain and in the UK. With 7,000 customers in 4 countries, we are one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in Europe.
Today, we are more than 900 employees at PayFit and we all share four core values:
• Care for each other
• Always stay humble
• Strive for excellence
• Live and work with passion
We are committed to a culture of inclusion and an environment that enables fulfillment in freedom & responsibility.
You'll be joining Product Growth Squad 🌱
You will start your Payfit journey by joining the Product Growth team ****as a senior fullstack software engineer. We are part of the User Autonomy stream, our mission is to help our users be more autonomous with the product and rely less on human support.
Our squad is composed by 4 passionate engineers and a tri-force to lead them : an Engineering Manager, a Product Manager and a Designer. This organisation allows us to follow initiative from the moment they are thought and designed to the release in production moment. It is amazing to be able to see our impact on end users this way.
🎬 Spoiler alert: those are our main initiatives:
- A new self-acquisition experience for our customers, our goal is to give the possibility to the user to subscribe to Payfit autonomously.
- An automatisation of the upsell process: easy to upgrade user’s pricing pland or add modules to their current one!
- A new architecture event based that will allow us to scale the system and make our data resilient.
What will be your role?
Your mission will be to contribute to the whole development process (from system design to delivery and production support).
• Design, develop, test and maintain robust architectures and services for maximum reliability, resilience and scalability with security in mind.
• Work with a Product Manager & Product Designer on feature development & product initiatives.
• Participate actively in defining the architecture vision to better support our growing user base and scale accordingly.
• Maintain a high level of quality through test definition, automation and continuous delivery
• Promote our engineering culture and best practices.
🔨 What are our tools?
👩🏼💻 TypeScript, Node.js, NestJS, Nx, React, Docker, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes, AWS, MongoDB, GraphQL...
👭 Code collaboration: GitHub, CircleCI
👩🏻💼 Project management and knowledge: JIRA, Notion, Miro, Whimsical
💬 Communication: Slack, Zoom
🎨 Design tool: Figma
👀 What are we looking for?
You have had exposure to architectural patterns of efficient, large and high-scale systems (Design Patterns, Microservices, Databases...)
Problem solver: You are pragmatic and product-driven who is interested in solving problems and delivering value while taking into account business and tech tradeoffs.
Best Practices: You are organized and rigorous. You follow best practices regarding code quality, clean architecture, testing, monitoring, code reviews and CI/CD.
Impact Maker: You are creative, passionate about building software and want to contribute to deliver an innovative product used by thousands of end users.
Team player: You have good communication skills, are comfortable working in a partially remote team, and can easily work with non-technical colleagues (Product Manager and Product Designer). You enjoy mentoring and training more junior colleagues.
Curiosity: You are curious, open-minded and motivated. You are eager to learn and introduce new tools and methodologies where it can help us grow.
Languages: You are fluent in English.
What we offer
• A Company Bonus that is paid to all PayFit Spanish employees when predefined MRR targets are achieved
• 25 days of vacations
• Private insurance with Sanitas 100% covered by PayFit and extendable to partner and children (optional)
• Tickets restaurant: € 6 / day worked
• Transport / Bicing Ticket (optional)
• Gym (Andjoy) (optional)
• Flexible remuneration: Nursery (Part kindergarten for baby) and training ticket
• Language courses (English) 1.30h per week
• Work from Anywhere: full flexibility to work wherever you prefer with some face-to-face moments to maintain our culture
Validation of the application
1 - HR Phone interview with a Talent Acquisition Specialist. (30-45mins)
2 - Meet Hélène, the squad Engineering Manager (1h00). This interview includes a technical test about quality and delivery.
3 - A system design interview followed by a short pair programming session with two senior engineers (1h30)
4 - Meet Simon and Gerard, Product Manager and Product Designer (30mins)
5 - Meet with Pierre, Engineering director of the foundations tribe (30 min)
Last step - Background check to verify your identity, diploma and past professional experience in the context of our ISO27001 certification