Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
The Role and Team
We are looking for motivated software engineers to join our global backend team. You will solve challenging technical problems, own your products end-to-end and help take our SaaS platform to the next level. This isn't just an opportunity to join an amazing team, but also to have an impactful role in the way we evolve our product. As a backend engineer, you will build and/or scale our systems to be highly performant and robust. You will build on Medallia’s state of the art core service infrastructure and platform. Your work will connect the world's leading business to their customers, using modern technologies and service-oriented architectures.
- Ship great software that is scalable and robust and then keep it humming.
- Design, implement and drive the technical roadmap and product implementation; help the team prioritize and plan pragmatically.
- Partner closely with dependent teams across engineering to ensure uninterrupted service.
- Identify gaps in knowledge, tools, and process and work with your manager & PM to address those.
- Incorporate the best development practices and habits and help build tooling to enforce the same.
- Work in small teams with like-minded engineers in an agile environment with daily standups, demo days, code reviews and research spikes.
- Become a go-to person for one or several components in the whole system.
- Mentor and coach junior engineers and impact teams through tech talks and presentations.
- 5+ years of experience developing enterprise-grade software.
- Experience building distributed systems/enterprise systems on a modern stack.
- Experience building and maintaining software services that will be used by other teams or exposed to external APIs.
- Proficient knowledge of one or more of these coding languages: Java, .NET, C++, C
- Experience working with SQL databases
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred.
- Agile process experience, ability to work in fast-paced and distributed teams.
- Demonstrate strong software engineering fundamentals.
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law. Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at ApplicantAccessibility@medallia.com. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.