We're looking for a passionate full-stack engineer who loves to solve complex problems, learns fast, shares knowledge, and balances generating business value and reducing technical debt.
Our growing cross-functional engineering teams extend the e-commerce platform with an eye towards efficiency and scalability, impacting the business in real-time.
You would focus on supply chain, inventory management, product catalog, or customer-facing applications creating pleasant experiences that exceed customer expectations.
- Build web-based, PHP centric, applications that are robust, scalable, and elegant
- Solve a wide range of challenging business problems extending the competitive advantage that separates Wayfair from other online retailers
- Work on a diverse group of systems that covers everything in the web stack – frontend tools, batch and event-driven processing
- Work with several large and complex SQL databases and queries
- Develop algorithms to streamline back end business workflow
- Contribute to architectural and code review discussions impacting our engineering ecosystem
- Several years of object oriented web development experience - ideally PHP
- Experience working with relational database management systems
- Experience and desire to work in an agile environment
- Interest in being challenged in a fast-paced environment while having fun
- Analytical and creative mindset and passion for solving business problems with technology
- Ability to quickly translate business requirements into working features
- Good communication skills and willingness to collaborate with other engineering teams
We are looking forward to your application, ideally including code samples (e.g. on GitHub)
And finally, our proposition to you!
Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus and we share the company with you in stock units
We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office, but also with Boston, London and Galway
We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development.
We want you to connect with your team and fellow colleagues through regular social events
We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
generated $2.25 billion in annual sales in 2015 and $786.9 million in
net revenues for second quarter 2016. Wayfair employed 5,398 people as
of June 30, 2016 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with
operations throughout North America and Europe. The company has
previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by
Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and
Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.