We’re Ocado Technology. We design and build the systems and technology that power ocado.com, the world's largest online-only grocery retailer and groceries.morrisons.com, the world’s fastest growing online supermarket!
Behind the public face, we write and build all our own systems, from website to warehouse control systems, van routing systems to mobile apps, every system involved in the operation has been carefully crafted by our large team of talented software engineers. We are constantly pushing the limits of what our technology can do. To accelerate this work, we are expanding our development team and building our newest development centre in Barcelona, Spain. We are a rapidly expanding development team, backed by an established tech company from the UK. We plan to grow this new development centre to 200 people over the next 3 years - and that's based on our existing growth curve and conservative growth estimates (rather than the potential growth of a startup!)
As our business evolves, we are writing a next generation, cloud based grocery platform, Ocado Smart Platform, which will be used to run Ocado, Morrisons and many other international retailers in the future. Join us as a Senior Java Developer and you’ll have the opportunity to work across a wide range of technology, with some exceptionally smart people, to create an unrivalled platform.
You will be part of our OSP Fraud Detection team which is a brand new team working in our newest development centre in Barcelona, building cutting edge technology for our OSP platform. The team will be working on a green-field project to build a machine learning based system for detecting fraudulent activity on our OSP e-commerce platform.
We use Java and Scala, relying on Spring and Akka to deliver our projects. We use AWS for all our new deployments. We embrace agile development techniques, and run all our projects as Scrum projects as part of a cross functional team. Alongside the ownership and ongoing development of all new functionality, there is particular focus on performance, scalability and maintainability. We are looking for a dedicated Senior Java Developer to join our OSP Fraud Detection team as we continue to push the boundaries of online shopping.
Skills and Experience
- Título de Licenciado o Grado en Ingeniería Informática (A good degree in Computer Science or related subject)
- You’ll have strong OOP and software design skills
- Extensive experience in Java and other OO languages
- Passionate about developing high-quality enterprise software
- Good spoken and written English
- Happy to take an active role in supporting the business needs
- Passion and understanding for TDD
Nice to have
- A fanaticism for clean code!
- An understanding and interest in Machine Learning and Data Science
- Working experience in a micro-services environment
- Comfortable working in an Agile team
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment
- A mastery of git!
We can offer you:
- Flexible working hours, with a short Friday, and short working days in August
- Ticket restaurant scheme
- Developer Exchange program: a 2 - 3 week exchange giving you the opportunity to work at one of our overseas development centres
- Both in house and external training programs
- A selection of snacks, tea, coffee and fresh fruit
- Monthly drinks events to meet and relax with your colleagues
- Private health and life insurance
On top of this, we are an international company working across locations in the UK, Poland, Bulgaria and Spain, with lots of opportunities for travel. We are constantly reviewing and improving our employee benefits so you can expect things to get better and better.
Anything else?There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology! Find out more about us at http://www.ocadotechnology.com
Due to the fast paced nature of our business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!