We’re here to help authors find world-class professionals to create amazing books. Our curated marketplace gathers some of the best freelancers in the industry — the likes of Stephen King's designer, Neil Gaiman's editor or Walter Isaacson's publicist.
We’ve grown to a community of 150,000 authors and over 1,300 freelancers in just a few short years, while picking up a number of industry awards along the way. Want to help us? Cool, keep reading!
You will join and work on two products: the Reedsy marketplace and our book production tool. Here's what you'll do:
- Architect and develop highly scalable web applications
- Work closely with our designers and engineers to design, build, and ship new features from scratch
- Evaluate and improve the performance, durability, and security of applications in production
- Take ownership for your tasks and see features through from start to finish
- Help teammates improve when reviewing their work and appreciate feedback when they reciprocate
- Build RESTful APIs
- Professional experience with NodeJS, AngularJS, TypeScript and NoSQL (Redis, MongoDB) databases
- A good understanding of CSS
- Vast Git knowledge
- Strong emphasis on Systems Architecture and Design Patterns
- Perfectly fluent in English
- Enjoys working remotely
- Professional experience with Ruby, MySQL and ShareDB
- Experience with CSS pre-processors, such as SASS or LESS- Unit tests and QA testing tools and techniques
- Experience doing A/B testing and using analytics tools
- Experience with deployment automation tools
- A good dose of ambition, as well as a great sense of humor
#How to Apply
We currently receive over 30 applications every day and we won't spend any time on generic messages. If you'd like to stand out, make sure that:
1) you've done some research about Reedsy and signed up to try the product;
2) you include a well-structured and **concise** message with your application explaining why you find Reedsy interesting and why you'd be a good fit. Show off but not too much :).