Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,200+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. As a renowned provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Liferay Experience Cloud is an all-in-one solution that unites our Liferay DXP and cloud platform capabilities with built-in analytics and B2B commerce functionality, reducing the time to market and allowing for accelerated innovation - serving notable customers across the globe such as Airbus, US Bank, Honda, and Desjardins.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
Are you passionate about developing great software? Do you feel proud when you help create a product that many people use? Do you consider yourself to be a good developer? Do you enjoy working in a multidisciplinary and diverse team? You always wanted to work in open source for a living? If so, this might be your dream job. We are looking for a Senior profile with passion for software development and web technologies.
The Platform Experience and Design Systems team is seeking a highly skilled Senior Backend Developer to help us enhance the overall user experience of our platform by ensuring consistency, optimal UX, accessibility, and theme-ability. As a Senior Backend Developer, you will play a key role in defining and implementing new patterns, eliminating technical debt, and providing guidance to other teams on best practices.
- You’re used to working with big codebases, as well as developing components from scratch.
- You have experience with software engineering best practices: simplicity, testing, coherence, reviews, estimation…
- You possess a broad understanding of common Computer Science concepts (algorithms, data structures, performance…).
- You’re willing to actively participate in the team dynamics, and provide feedback -- both from the technical and end user perspective -- when defining new features.
- You’re comfortable diving into legacy code and excited about finding ways to improve it or rewrite it to follow current best practices.
- Degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience writing enterprise-level code in one or more programming languages.
- You have strong learning skills; if you don’t know something, you’re willing (and capable) of learning it.
- Fully comfortable working in English and Spanish, both written and spoken. Some of your teammates will be in the Americas, Asia or Europe.
- Good communication skills. You can clearly explain complex technical subjects to other people.
- Understand and share the values of agile development.
- It's a big plus if you're a contributor to open source, hackathons, meetups or whatever-related to coding.
What We Offer
- Perks: Health Care Plan,food Card,kindergarten Assistance, Gym Membership and an additional perks of your own choice: Transport Card, Office Parking Space, Digital Voucher (800€ annually)
- English lessons (2 hours/week)
- Hybrid work model
- Continuous learning and training: internal and external courses, a technical library, participation in national and international conferences...
- International, multicultural and diverse environment focused on our people
- Working at a leading open source company with an amazing community
- Employee Volunteer Program, including:
- 5 days/year in our Employee Volunteer Program to devote to the charity of your choice
- 500€/year to donate to the charity of your choice
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.