Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
What you'll do
- Build and enhance a highly configurable system that is used by thousands of companies and millions of shoppers
- Work with a highly collaborative team, where you will solve challenging problems
- Review each other’s code and pair-program to spread knowledge and produce higher-quality code
- Drive quality by writing unit, integration, and performance tests in a continuous delivery environment
- Make decisions based on data and be pragmatic
- Work closely with Product and Leadership
- Help define and prioritize features
- Produce documentation that helps the team understand complex parts of the system
- Go beyond engineering by working closely with our support representatives where we help triage and debug technical support requests
What we look for
- 2+ years industry experience in Ruby/Rails
- Analytical and problem-solving skills; attention to detail
- Knowledge of web service technologies and REST best-practices
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Courage and discipline to dig-in and refactor other people’s code and explore new technology and solutions
- Proven track record of shipping software in a delivery-focused environment
- Desire to improve broken processes and make your own job easier over time
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate and influence effectively across various departments
- Written and spoken communication proficiency in English is needed to collaborate with a global team
- Data-driven mentality
- Understanding of distributed systems in a cloud environment and event-driven architecture is a plus
- Understanding of and experience with NoSQL data stores is a plus
- Any degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field is a plus
- Prior contact with a high-growth eCommerce/technology startup is a plus
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services is a plus
What We Offer
- Medical insurance for the whole family including dental coverage
- €340 monthly expenses for gym, lifestyle, etc.
- 23 standard PTO (Paid Time Off) days, plus up to 2 days from the benefits (to be used on special dates)
- An apple laptop and whatever you need to do your job comfortably and productively.
- We do performance and compensation reviews, and we will try to help you become your better self, be it via mentoring, training, feedback or the possibility to dab on fields where you are not yet an expert.
- We have a very flexible approach to working hours. You can stop to go to the gym, get your little ones to or from school, meditate or do whatever you need or want. There is a need for a certain amount of overlap with Pacific Coast working hours needed for meetings and collaboration that does not fit into asynchronous communications, however, we try to prioritize those, and your main collaborators are based in Spain.
Location - 100& Remote Spain
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! We are currently building operations in Spain. All of our roles are 100% remote.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
San Francisco, CA, USA
1,000 - 5,000
At Affirm, we’re using today’s technology to bring significant disruptive innovation to the financial industry. We focus on improving the lives of consumers by delivering simple, honest and transparent financial products.