Liferay, Inc. is a leading provider of enterprise open source portal and collaboration software products, servicing Fortune 500 companies worldwide.
Working in Liferay
is an opportunity to participate in an ethical, motivating, challenging
and constantly expanding project within an international environment,
that offers the possibility developing a personal career according to
your capabilities and preferences as part of the Liferay team
Are you passionate about developing great software? Do you feel proud when you help create a product that many people use? Do you consider yourself to be a good developer? Do you enjoy working in a multidisciplinary and diverse team? You always wanted to work in open source for a living? If so, this might be your dream job. We are looking for someone with passion for software development and web technologies.
- Work in a long-term software product. Building strong foundations, without being constrained by frequent deadlines, delivering the best possible solution and iterating then.
- Work in an open source distributed company with strong ethical values, sharp vision, in an international environment.
- Design and implement new features and frameworks for the Liferay Platform and other Liferay products. Your software will be used by thousands of developers and end users around the world.
- Write high quality and maintainable code. Keeping technical debt under control.
- Participate in peer review processes, growing along with your teammates. Suggest improvements and be humble enough to accept suggestions. Everyone learns from everyone, no matter how brilliant you are.
- Use Git and GitHub in a daily basis: branches, merges, rebases, pull-requests, etc.
- Work closely with UX Designers and Product Managers to implement the shared vision.
Required QualificationUnderstand and share the values of agile development. No matter what fancy tools or words you know, whether you’re TDDer or not, agile is about core values.
- Experience >5 years with software engineering best practices: version control, unit testing, etc.
- Proficient with Git (or any other DVCS) and related branching patterns: git-flow, pull-requests, rebases, etc.
- It’s a big plus if you’re a contributor to open source, hackathons, meetups or whatever related to coding.
- Fully comfortable working in English and Spanish, both written and spoken. Some of your teammates will be in the Americas, Asia or Europe.
You’re a vocational programmer, a coder, an engineer and you’re proud of that.
Self-starter, quick learner, self-motivated, proactive beyond your duty.
Good team player. You’ll be part of the Liferay family and this is important for us.
Excellent attention to detail. Seriously, more than that.
If you want to know more about us, apply and we will contact to you if your profile is that we need, if not we have your data for the future and new positions.