We’re on the lookout for an accomplished full stack senior engineer with a server-side bias - and we’re seriously picky about who we choose. That’s because the right candidate always seeks out teams with peers who can challenge, inspire and continuously improve.
We're a punchy startup based in the heart of London creating new and powerful ways to re-connect hoteliers with their guests. We’ve already built a popular solution to a burning pain in the hotel industry. The result has been off-the-charts growth, which brings opportunities and challenges. We’ve since expanded our suite of products and are building an impregnable platform to dominate the industry for years to come. We’re growing our team the right way and we need a senior engineer to obsess about quality and help shape our future.
How we work:
We like to keep the teams small, empowered and autonomous. Teams have all the skills they need to complete their mission and typically consist of 3-4 developers, a product owner and maybe a specialist like a product designer, researcher or data scientist.
- You are proud of the code you produce; it’s obvious, concise and rarely needs to be commented. You always like to leave the code better than you found it, and are experienced with refactoring techniques, in fact it’s how you code every day.
- You see writing tests as an integral part of the development process and understand the benefit of writing code and tests in small increments.
- Excellent skills in developing backend solutions and well defined REST APIs.
- You love shipping code and seeing how it performs in production and therefore are passionate about delivery pipelines, A/B testing, real-time analytics and monitoring tools like Rollbar.
- You have an entrepreneurial streak, you are customer centric and work well with product owners.
- You work well with front-end developers, have some understanding of single page application technologies, don’t mind getting your hands in the codebase and can productively contribute to code reviews.
- You have some familiarity with using Docker.
- Good understanding of *nix command line including tools such as ssh and Git.
Bonus Points for:
- Working in cross-functional teams practising XP and Kanban techniques.
- Working across the stack - with solid skills in HTML5, React and take an engineering approach to CSS.
- Experience with building deployment pipelines and continuous delivery on cloud platforms (we use Google Cloud Platform, Docker, Ansible).
- Expert knowledge at BDD tooling (eg. Mocha, Chai, etc.).
- NoSQL experience.
- Knowledge of message queues (eg. Rabbit MQ, Amazon SQS).
- Redis experience.
Our start-up culture means everybody's contribution matters and is celebrated. We do set ourselves insanely ambitious goals and are proud of our ability to deliver those through smart working.
- We like to offer all our employees a stake in our success which is why we offer share options
- We also believe in giving people the best tools for the job so you’ll get a powerful MacBook Pro when you start with us.
- We’re committed to your career development, most of our staff have seen considerable learning and progression - we’ll fund books, training and conferences if you tell us why we should.
- We’re brilliantly located in central London great for taking advantage of the London engineering scene.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!