PayFit simplifies payroll management and HR processes for SMBs. PayFit is an automated SaaS solution to help business owners and HR professionals save time and money allowing them to refocus on what really matters: their employees. Since 2015, we have set ourselves a mission to support the digital transformation of HR management through our ever-growing range of product features and services. We have a strong presence in France and have been quickly growing in Germany, Spain, and the UK. With 7,000 customers in 4 countries, we are one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in Europe.
Today, we are more than 1300 employees at PayFit and we all share four core values:
- Care for each other
- Always stay humble
- Strive for excellence
- Live and work with passion
We are committed to a culture of inclusion and an environment that enables fulfillment in freedom & responsibility.
A brief overview of the JetLang Platform Tribe
The JetLang Platform is assumed as a low-code platform, it has been designed by Payfit and has sustained Payfit’s growth. This is an abstraction layer designed and maintained by the JetLang Engineering Tribe, as some people (known as Product Builders) are modelizing/scripting collective labor agreements. The JetLang holds an “engine” being able to compute rules/conditions and whose main purpose is to run payroll.
And finally, we are offering various restitutions :
- Ability to generate the UI, just in time.
- Reports to companies and employees, the very first one being payslips.
- Reports to legal partners.
Your role: Contribute to scaling up our platform
We need to strengthen the JetLang Low-code Fundamentals. You will be in charge of propelling the low-code platform to the next level:
- Envision, design, and implement features, libraries, and tools to solve specific problems with broad impacts, such as improving Product Builders’ experience, enforcing code reliability, and enabling performance optimizations
- Design and implement scalable architectures to sustain our hyper-growth
- Conduct unit, multi-unit, and product testing as needed to evaluate system correctness
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of the platform
- Interface with other teams to incorporate our innovations and vice versa
Level we are currently hiring for 🙋🏽♀️
We are looking for a Software Engineer who will contribute to the whole perimeter of the JetLang Low-code Fundamentals.
Not sure you're the right fit?
Just apply and let's talk. We include everyone. We are listening to diverse candidate voices.
Want to know more about our epic team? 👀
We are looking for passionate and innovative people who want to build the next big success story with us! Do you recognize yourself in these words? Do you want to join an incredible adventure? Tell us who you are, what you’ve done, and what you're looking to achieve. We’ll be more than happy to meet you :)
This job has been tailored for you if... 🦄
- You want to build meaningful start-to-finish features. We trust for ownership and contribution from Day 1. You take care of the codebase from the first lines of code until production to release features that make sense for customers.
- You continuously maintain and improve quality across the stack. We reflect to have a Zero Bug policy. You know how to maintain a large codebase with best practices like tests, observability, and maintainability enhancement.
- You love to write. We share knowledge by writing things down. You have adopted the habit of keeping an up to date documentation for any kind of contribution.
- You want to improve your work process or rituals. We believe in combining the discovery cycle and delivery cycle to impact our customers’ work life. You are eager to iterate on our workflows to find the ones that work for us.
- You are receptive to feedback, be mentored, and mentor. We're caring and make sure that everyone can grow. You will be empowered. You will empower others.
- You love understanding the market, customer needs, and motivations. We focus on shipping impactful product changes.
How we work 👩🏽💻
- Release Cycle. We get into a rhythm of finishing things.
- Focus on Outcome, not Jira Cards. We give you problems to solve, not just user stories.
- Meet Time and Make Time agenda. We protect your time as a contributor.
- The Logbook. We give the ownership of the product features to the whole team by writing things down to share knowledge and be transparent and open about what's going on.
- We're caring. We make an effort to create a place that challenges and supports us.
- Remote Friendly. People used to work on average 2-3 days remotely a week before the Covid confinement, while the confinement the whole company has been able to sustain the activity in full remote, Payfit is now studying the most efficient model. We strongly encourage you to maintain a healthy work/life integration to do great work and be an active part of your personal life.
- A Triforce collaboration: Design x Engineering x Product. We work together backed by the Double Diamond process to have the most impact.
Our Tech Stack 📦
- Docker images and containers are pushed and deployed in K8s clusters.
- A Continuous Security best practices with a bug bounty program and a development security policy
- Data exploration for insights and analysis from our internal data like Jira issues with Looker
- Services monitoring dashboard built with Datadog
- Continuous Integration with Docker and CircleCI
- Writing things down with Notion
- A daily team process to manage errors with Sentry
Hiring process ⚙️
- 1️⃣ Applicant initial validation: added value, key achievements, motivations, job match
- 2️⃣ Phone/Visio interviews with a Tech Recruiter
- 3️⃣ Interview with the Engineering Manager
- 4️⃣ Live coding with members of the team
- 5️⃣ System design interview with members of the team
- 6️⃣ Interview with an Engineering Director
What we offer 💜
- An amazing working environment, designed for kindness and blossoming;
- Full-time contract of indefinite duration;
- An attractive remuneration package;
- A nice work space with a ping-pong table and a terrace in Barcelona;
- Work from anywhere policy and flexible schedule;
- Along with the possibility of visiting the rest of our offices (London, Paris & Berlin);
- Regular team and global events;
- Restaurant, transport and sport tickets;
- English language courses;
- Private health insurance (100% covered by PayFit);
- MacBooks are our standard, but we'll provide whatever equipment you need to help you get your job done!