The New Relic One Dashboards / Data Visualization Team is growing, and we are looking for passionate front-end engineers with experience in the Data Visualization field to join us!
As part of this hybrid platform-product team, you’ll collaborate with Product and Design to define our charting library's new visualizations, write reliable and scalable code to implement them, and later on will use New Relic itself to monitor it all.
We value personal respect, work/life balance, learning from each other, ownership of code, and accountability at all levels.
We are a fully front-end team with a healthy balance of very experienced engineers and developers at the beginning of their career path, with a strong culture of autonomy, collaboration, ownership, and continuous improvement.
We own the UI of the next generation Dashboards product of New Relic, plus a number of supporting UI libraries to enable the rest of the company (with 60+ product teams) to build and render their own data visualization solutions.
What You’ll Do
- Optimize for codebase and product stability, and target use case growth
- Help us design the software in a way which allows us to produce highly performant and flexible user interfaces
- Keep learning and growing with us, pushing us to become a better team and a better company
- Experience with Data Visualization libraries such as D3, and general interest in data visualization
- Comfortable using native JS APIs, like performing raw DOM manipulations, traversals, etc.
- Knowledge about browser performance optimization and concept of reflows, repaints, viewpoint virtualization, the event-based JS model, etc.
- Familiar with data structures: to explain the difference between a Set and an Array, Maps, etc.
- Familiar with the SVG specification, HTML and CSS knowledge.
- Interest in learning new languages, platforms, and ideas
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment passionate about delivering production code at a regular cadence using Agile techniques, tools, and methodologies
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established in October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high-quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX, and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.