Senior Software Engineer - IAM in Madrid or Remote
Okta’s Customer Identity Cloud (CIC), powered by Auth0 technology, is an easy to implement authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. We make access to applications safe, secure, and seamless for the more than 100 million daily logins around the world. Our modern approach to identity enables this Tier 0 global service to deliver convenience, privacy, and security so customers can focus on innovation.
Our commitment to identity inspires and sustains our Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging strategy as we aim to celebrate and protect the identities of everyone in our network. Click here to learn more about our commitment to building balanced teams.
This role is for you if you like being at the center of the action, if you like to be responsible for some of the most substantial changes to the core Customer Identity product that you can be.
IAM is the Engineering Domain that takes care of the core of the Customer Identity product: the authentication pipeline, the protocols, the sessions, anomaly detection and customer security detection and response mechanisms.
The Financial Grade Identity team is responsible for managing, maintaining, and expanding all authentication related to interfaces and we’re looking to grow the team to deliver on some high impact features in the near future. We will expand our existing offering to make them even more secure through implementing additional support for financial grade APIs. If you’ve signed in on a TV using your smartphone, logged into some of the biggest brands' websites or apps, you’ve likely worked with Auth0. This team will be responsible for some of the most significant expansion in our authentication offerings ever.
If you like taking hard problems at scale and making them simpler, we can’t wait to talk to you.
You're a good fit for this role if:
- You have 5+ years of software development experience
- You have experience creating and maintaining public APIs
- You are passionate about working on systems that are highly-reliable, maintainable and scalable
- You have experience and passion for good engineering practices and testing.
- You excel when working autonomously, and know when to seek help from your team members
- You have experience with cloud environments (AWS and Azure preferred)
- You are interested in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- You have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- You have practical experience developing and improving applications written in Node.js, Golang, or another concurrency friendly language
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience with FAPI, Financial Data Exchange or Open Banking
- Have experience with Cloud environments from several vendors
- You understand the Devops culture and like moving between infrastructure and code
- Knowledge of security engineering and application security
- Proven experience and understanding of architecture principles across infrastructure platforms, security, data, integration, and application layers
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
San Francisco, CA, USA
5,000 - 10,000