The Red Hat Engineering team is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our Managed Prometheus Monitoring team. In this role, you will be a part of a team and work side-by-side with influential experts in the field on Prometheus and Thanos, the leading monitoring solution for Kubernetes. You will work on open source feature development, automation of Prometheus, telemetry systems, and integration with Red Hat OpenShift for cluster and application monitoring. Successful applicants must reside in a country where Red Hat is registered to do business.
What you will do
- Contribute to high-profile strategic open source projects including Prometheus, Prometheus Operator, OpenShift, and Thanos
- Implement Kubernetes Operators that manage and update cluster monitoring software
- Implement meaningful Red Hat OpenShift monitoring metrics and alerts
- Implement solutions to various monitoring related problems
- Collaborate with other engineering teams on monitoring integration
- Collaborate within the Kubernetes and Prometheus communities
- Contribute to large-scale hosted telemetry services
- Help maintain various open source projects
- Inspire key technical decisions for the overall product
- Contribute to the operational aspect of the Managed Monitoring solution
What you will bring
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- 1+ year(s) of experience with Go language, runtime, and tools
- Experience building infrastructure or cloud software
- Experience building and consuming APIs
- Solid communication skills in English
The following are considered a plus:
- Development experience with Kubernetes and containers
- Basic knowledge in the domain of application monitoring
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience of being an open source maintainer
- Experience building telemetry systems
- Experience with Prometheus or Thanos
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
Share on your newsfeed
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Red Hat
Red Hat’s culture is built on the open source principles of transparency, collaboration, and inclusion, where the best ideas can come from anywhere and anyone. When this is realized, it empowers people from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences to come together to share ideas, challenge the status quo, and drive innovation. Our aspiration is that everyone experiences this culture with equal opportunity and access, and that all voices are not only heard but also celebrated. We hope you will join our celebration, and we welcome and encourage applicants from all the beautiful dimensions of diversity that compose our global village.
Read our complete Statement of Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
COVID-19 Community Standards
Being a Red Hatter means caring for one another and taking steps to protect our colleagues, customers, partners, and communities, even as personal risk tolerances and country regulations vary.
Red Hat continues to support vaccination against COVID-19 as one of the best steps we can take to contribute toward ending the pandemic and to keeping one another, our customers and partners, and our communities safe. Globally, our approach is to comply with vaccination or testing requirements in countries with them.
Read Our COVID-19 Community Standards
Equal Opportunity Policy (EEO)
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.