Satellogic is a vertically integrated Earth Observation satellite and data company. We design, manufacture, and operate our own fleet of satellites, the Aleph-1 constellation, which delivers high-frequency, high-resolution imagery plus full-motion video.
Earth Observation imagery and data are key to monitoring change at scale, informing critical decisions, and ultimately helping solve the world’s most pressing problems. Our mission is to democratize access to this information, making it affordable and available for those who need it across a wide range of industries, from climate monitoring and agriculture, to energy, infrastructure and many more. We want to do our part in building a world where every organization is prepared for the challenges of tomorrow.
With a growing team of more than 300 employees spanning 10 countries, Satellogic is a diverse group of purpose-driven professionals across software development, satellite engineering, operations, data science, manufacturing, and sales. We are excited to grow and welcome team members who push the limits, get things done, and never stop learning—all while being humble, honest, and empathetic.
About the team
The Data Product team is responsible for fully automated delivery of L1 level products from L0 satellite images. The team deploys different processing pipelines into production, using the algorithm suite we develop, accounting for satellite maneuver specificities and requested product types. Our mission is to provide high quality georeferenced and radiometrically accurate L1 level images, that enable our internal and external customers to extract high levels of insights and information.
The team is integrated by software developers, GIS and computer vision specialists and radiometric engineers located in Argentina, Brazil, France, Israel, Spain, Russia and Italy.
The team is always learning and trying to push the limits, relying in part on the large diversity of people’s profiles and backgrounds
About the position
For this role in the Data Product team, we are looking for an experienced software engineer with expertise architecting complex distributed systems, that is passionate about new technologies, willing to learn and grow. You must love coding and have proven software development experience.
In this role, you will:
- Design, develop and document scalable and robust distributed systems using microservice architecture
- Design, implement and document distributed architectures using message-driven and event sourcing paradigms
- Write, maintain and document Infrastructure as Code targeting Kubernetes and various public cloud providers like Amazon Web Services
- Use test-driven development to write high-quality code
Location: remote work from anywhere between UTC-5 and UTC+3 time zones. Satellogic’s office locations include Buenos Aires, Barcelona, Rotterdam, Montevideo, Córdoba (ARG), Tel Aviv.
- Experience designing and implementing distributed and scalable systems that include REST APIs
- Experience with high demand and high scale data processing process that relay in data bases, relational or not and its structure and query optimization
- Proficient software developer in languages like, but not exclusively:
- Excellent English and great communication skills
- Expertise in test-driven development methodology
- Knowledge of *nix like operating systems
- Ability to function in a team environment
What we value:
- Experience with geo-referenced information:
- GeoTIFF, COG and coordinate systems
- Geo-referenced vectorial information
- Systems used to store and process geo-referenced data
- Previous experience designing and implementing message-driven architectures, especially using:
- Apache Kafka or similar message broker
- Event sourcing
- Data streaming
- Knowledge about creating and optimizing applications for conterized environments like Kubernetes
- Agile mindset willing to influence others
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are convinced that hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline will drive innovation, generate new solutions, and deliver a superior product to our global customer base. We work to build an equitable and inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come together to do their best work.
Please specify your pronouns following your name on the application.
Learn more about Satellogic
Applicant Data Privacy Statement