XING provides advice and support to its more than 19 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
Senior Frontend Engineer - (f/m/d)
XING is the social network for business professionals with millions of members all over the world.
Help us shape the future – for a better working life!
We currently have an opening for a Frontend Engineer. This is a remote friendly position, so you can do full remote as long as you are located within Spain.
A challenging task
- You will be part of a cross-functional team of backend, frontend, designers and product owners
- You will build front end solutions using React/Typescript/GraphQL
- You will contribute to the development of our internal design systems and tools
- You will optimize for mobile devices, browser performance and create cross-browser compatible solutions
- You will share with your team members on best practices for front end development
A convincing background
- You have experience with ES2016+ and Typescript and asynchronous programming concepts.
- You have deep knowledge in frontend testing frameworks such as Jest, enzyme or react-testing-library
- You are familiar with the principles of a high-performance, optimized, responsive mobile website.
- Familiarity and experience with GraphQL / Apollo is a plus
- Experience with CSS-in-JS is also a plus (styled-components, emotion, JSS…)
- You are generally very curious about new technologies and always try to keep up-to-date
- You enjoy working in agile teams with a focus on sharing knowledge with your colleagues sitting next to you or on the other side of Europe
- You pay attention to detail without losing sight of the goal, have a sense of ownership and pride in the quality of your work
- You are capable of analysing each problem independently and choosing the solution that adjusts better to it and not overcomplicating things.
- You are eager to work in a multicultural environment
- You are fluent in English
An inspiring environment
Check our Twitter account! https://twitter.com/NewWork_es
- Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow.
- Good isn't enough? tell us what we can change - we're willing to take risks.
- Innovation weeks (Hackweeks)
- Home office? New working models? Flexible working hours? You've come to the right place!
- Restaurant tickets, coffee and snacks.
- Spanish / English/ German lessons.
- A mobile device of your choice (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
- A great, multicultural and diverse environment.
- A sunny office located in the centre of Barcelona, with a large terrace.
- Flexible Compensation Plan: Health insurance/ Transport/ Nursery Tickets
- Extended holidays
- Competitive salary and a Permanent contract
- Bicycle park and package reception
- Relocation pack if needed.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!