We’re looking for two strong Front-End Developers for two different Brainly's teams - Community and Tutoring.
Brainly’s core Q&A product is powered by hundreds of millions of contributors every month. To support the overall safety, quality, and engagement of Brainly’s top users, the Community Product Team is reimagining the contributor tools available for our most valuable users and developing all new ways to scale their expertise across the entire Brainly ecosystem. You will play a key role in creating new tools for our best users community, new admin interfaces for our Community team, and ensuring this combined system delivers increased educational value to all Brainly users.
Tutoring Product Team's mission is to upgrade our current offering and extend our value proposition - from instant and real time help to video answers.
Within this team you will work on the app devoted to tutors helping them conducting sessions. You will offer them the set of features to help them work (e.g. to draw charts, latex etc.)
- Designing, developing, and maintaining code for Brainly platform to enhance the great learning experience for our users
- Building reusable, accessible UI components
- Solving complex challenges such as performance, scalability, and security
- Collaborating with other software engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, and ensure high reliability and performance of your deliverables
- Conducting code reviews, contributing high-quality documentation and building robust test suites for your features
What we expect you to have
We expect the person to have at least 2-3 years of professional experience as a Front-End engineer. In addition, we expect such person to demonstrate maturity and self-organization in terms of everyday work. Such a person after onboarding to our product should be able to start delivering features without guidance but of course in cooperation with peers and PO.
- Experience in React
- Experience in Responsive Web Design
- Great knowledge of modern CSS methodology (i.e. BEM)
- Experience in CSS Flexbox Layout
- Knowledge of best practices in Website, JavasScript and Mobile performance and optimization topic
- Fluency in English
Nice to have:
- In-depth knowledge of the latest React and its ecosystem
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience in CSS Grid Layout
- Experience in mobile-first approach in Responsive Web Design
- Experience in End-to-End testing
- Knowledge of CSS and Animations performance and optimization
- Production experience in Service Workers
- Location: Kraków/Barcelona or remotely from Poland/Spain
- Salary: 15 000 - 23 000 PLN gross/ monthly, employment contract
- Some of our benefits (slightly varies depending on the location):
- Flexible working hours
- Personal development budget 800$ per year + unlimited time off policy for participation in conferences and workshops and access to an online learning platform with courses from Udemy, Harvard Manage Mentor and many others
- Fully paid private health care packages for you and your family (dental care included) provided by Luxmed
- Fully paid life insurance provided by Warta
- Multisport Plus card
- Access to the Mental health Helpline - providing virtual support of external psychologists, psychotherapists, and coaches
- AskHenry services - personal concierge services to help you to settle your everyday matters (like Ikea shopping or shoemaker visit)
- Possibility to join one of our Employee Resource Groups and initiatives (Inclusion Council, Ladies at Brainly, Brainly Cares)
- If needed, additional budget for work remote work accessories
What is BRAINLY?
Brainly is the world's largest peer-to-peer learning community for students, parents and teachers. At brainly.com, and its group of websites around the world, students connect to both receive and offer help with homework problems and questions. The unique opportunity for students to freely ask questions and gain the confidence that comes from helping others and inspires students to learn in a collaborative community that receives more than 350 million users each month.
Based in Kraków, Poland, with its US headquarters in New York City, Brainly is currently available in 35 countries. The total funding from current investors, including Naspers, General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital equals $68.5M. More information about Brainly is available on www.brainly.com.
By sending us your application, you agree that Brainly sp. z o.o. with its seats in Krakow, will process your data contained in the form below and in the documents you attach in to participate in recruitment. In connection with this, you have the right to withdraw your consents, the right to access to your data, the right to obtain their copy, rectify them, erase, limit their usage and also data portability right and object to their use by Brainly, as well as to lodge a complaint with the President of the UODO. If you have any questions regarding the use of information about you and exercising your rights related to this use, please contact our DPO - firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want get know more about how Brainly uses and process your personal data [click here].