At Tymit our mission is to reinvent the credit card to make it honest, safe, and more transparent to achieve more peace of mind when managing your finances. To prove this to our users, we have built an elegant and intuitive app linked to a credit card designed to achieve better financial well-being and control like never before.
A credit card from a tech company, not a Bank. Fintech credit makes up only a tiny fraction of overall credit. Still, it is growing rapidly, and Tymit will be at the forefront of the digital disruption in the credit card world.
Based in the UK, Spain, and Greece, our talented and growing team is committed to creating a diverse and fun work environment, putting the user at the center of every decision we make. At Tymit, we have a mantra. Customers are first because that's what drives us and our growth, and we'll continue catering to them that way.
Compensation & Perks
💰 The salary range of this role is 45,000 – 60,000€ per annum, depending on experience.
🏝 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays.
🥳 Your birthday off.
🏡 Tymit is working fully remote, and all employees can remain working from home if they want, traveling to our offices when agreed with the team.
🌇 If your preference is working from our office and working onsite with other Tymiteers, we have you covered with our offices - Postpandemic.
⏰ Flexible working hours.
🤓 Additional days to attend conferences and workshops related to technology and/or events related to Tymit’s industry and sector.
About the role
We are looking for a seasoned product-aware software engineer to help us on our mission to reinvent the future of credit. We are searching for engineering who place the customer at the center of everything, specifically looking at our service's design and quality.
We are looking for someone excited by working on products in their very early stage, a self-starter with the ability to take on a range of challenging and intriguing challenges. The project has an enormous impact on the future of Tymit's platform and has a wide scope - all the way from designing a scalable services' platform to re-architecting the data models in our code base. You will be involved in leveraging new applications as much as take an important role during design reviews sessions. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities, and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full stack as we continue to push technology forward.
We are small, but we think big. 🦄🦄 Do you want to join us?
About the culture
Be ready to join a company where collaboration is key. You will be expected to share knowledge and speak up, at the same time you have the ability to listen to others and consider their opinions. At Tymit we are also big fans of good atmosphere and humor, prepare yourself to receive a bunch of GIFs.
Software Engineers at Tymit work by squads in cross-functional teams, applying good practices and agile methodologies. Within the team you will find Cristian, Carlos, Álvaro, Grigorios, Alberto, Nikos, Nikola, Pedro, Poppy, Carlos and Antonio.
During your time at Tymit you will
- Help to define the vision of the platform architecture that powers Tymit’s business, being the voice of experience helping the team balance availability, flexibility, expediency, and scalability.
- Demonstrate a clear architectural vision with the ability to collaborate and iterate on software design, working with leadership to set the standards for software engineering best practices.
- Drive cross-team and platform-level initiatives and projects, building an effective collaboration in all areas and levels of the business and engineering team.
- Participate in development life cycle activities such as design, coding, testing, and production release, delivering high-quality code in an agile team environment.
- Improve integration efficiency and data modeling with third-party vendors.
- Boost automation of operational processes (provisioning, replication, deployments, continuous integration).
- Troubleshoot critical production issues and provide technical insights.
- Play an active role in hiring and mentoring other engineers in technology, process, and methodologies.
- Work with the wider engineering team to enhance, document, and establish processes and generally improve the operability and security of our systems.
- Champion new technologies and enforce the best development patterns and practices and promote these to the wider Team.
Key technologies we use at Tymit
Backend team: in your day-to-day you will be working with Java +11, Groovy, Kotlin, Quarkus, AWS ecosystem (SQS, SNS, RDS, EC2, CloudWatch, ELK, …), PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Jenkins, Docker, Kibana, JUnit 5, Spock, and many more!
Tymit tech team: we work with technologies such as Kotlin, SwiftUI, Swift, NodeJS, React, Python, Docker Swarm, Terraform, Ansible, and many more!
We are always open to adopting new tools to solve complex problems, so we’re ready to discuss options with anyone with the right experience.
What you will bring along
- Great to have 4-5 years of experience in designing and building world-class software. Bonus points for experience in a rapidly growing tech start-up.
- Perfect if you have experience as an architect designing scalable, highly available, and service-oriented architectures.
- You have extensive experience with cloud providers (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP), containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes), and modern architecture patterns (e.g. microservices, reactive architectures, event-driven architectures).
- You have experience designing scalable RESTful Web Services and Reactive Microservices.
- You have experience in the whole software development cycle, including preparing the production phase, collaborating with DevOps Engineers.
- Would be wonderful if you have prior experience as a mentor.
- You are comfortable building processes, culture, and organizations to help deliver and support large-scale production systems.
- You have the ability to think holistically and also maintain focus on small, intricate details is essential for the high-impact role you will play at Tymit.
- You are a great achiever who has a strong orientation for results beyond just great ideas.
- You have a business mindset. Plus, you enjoy solving problems whilst wanting to inspire and share your knowledge and passion for FinTech.
What you can expect from our hiring process
45 min. video-call with Carla, part of Tymit’s People team. Understand your career plan and what motivates you about Tymit.
90 min. video-call with two of our Backend Engineers. Technical discussion around a task to better understand your skills and give you a sneak peek of what it could be working at Tymit. No need to do a technical test, prepare an existing code you are proud of to share with us.
60 min. video-call with Nico, CTO and Co-Founder of Tymit. Understand the business future and help you to envision yourself at Tymit.
🏁– Offer 📧
If you have any disability, please let us know whether there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive.
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company in the UK, Tymit needs to take background checks, Criminal and Credit checks, our new hires to help us safeguard our users. If you have any concerns regarding this process, please discuss this with our People Team.
Tymit is made up of people from various backgrounds, and you are welcome for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work to show up every day as their authentic selves. So, bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background.
We do not make hiring or employment decisions based on race, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other difference. If you have any disability, please let us know whether there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive.