Senior Software Engineer - Data Visualization in Madrid
As a software engineer for the Data Visualization Team, you will work with product and design to create high-scale, highly-performant interactive visualizations (graphs, charts, and maps) that help our customers better understand the story and health of their infrastructure. This team combines creative technologists, product managers, and designers to build workflows which enable users to explore and gain insights from their data.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Transform large and complex datasets to beautiful visualizations
- Push frontend graphics to the limit in order to handle high-dimensional datasets in the browser
- Build intuitive user experiences with empathy for the user and a system of data modeling tools and visualizations, for all the front-end engineers at Datadog
- Work with TypeScript, React, Canvas API, D3 utilities and WebGL
- Join a tightly knit team solving hard problems the right way
Who You Are:
- You are familiar with data structures and algorithms, profiling and optimization
- You have great product sense and keep the ultimate customer goal in mind
- You’re excited by interactivity and large datasets
- You relate to one of these profiles:
- You combine your understanding of intuitive interaction design and performance constraints to create visual layouts of information that are actionable and responsive
- You have experience with modeling large data sets, allowing for flexibility, interactivity and performance
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities for internal mobility
- Intra-departmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Free global mental health benefit through Spring Health
- Generous global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
New York, NY, USA