Docker Inc. is the company behind The Docker Project: the open platform to build, ship, and run distributed applications. As a system engineer for our core distributed systems, you will work on the clustering and distribution components of the Docker Platform.
Docker SwarmKit is native clustering for Docker. It includes primitives for node discovery, raft-based consensus, task scheduling. It's fully integrated into Docker Engine. Machines running Docker can be grouped together in order to form a Swarm, coordinating tasks with each other.
- Build and maintain high-performance, fault-tolerant, scalable distributed software systems
- Be an active maintainer of The Docker Project, by contributing Go code to the open-source projects, helping the community contribute, reviewing submissions, and participating in the design decisions
- Participate in product discussions, influence the roadmap and take ownership and responsibility for new projects to make them happen
- Fluency in at least one programming language, previous experience with Go is a plus
- Operational experience with Container Orchestration: SwarmKit, Kubernetes, Mesos, Nomad
- Experience developing/operating scalable and complex distributed systems
- Have good API design skills (straightforward, unsurprising, defensible)
- Start-up experience preferred
- Computer Science degree
- Experience contributing to open source projects is a plus
Docker, Inc. is the company behind the Docker open source platform and is the chief sponsor of the Docker ecosystem. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and can achieve up to 20X greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and by transparent, open source innovation, Docker containers have been downloaded more than 6 billion times and Docker is used by millions of developers across thousands of the world’s most innovative organizations, including ADP, GE, the BBC, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, ING, Yelp, and Spotify. Docker’s rapid adoption has catalyzed an active ecosystem, resulting in hundreds of thousands of “Dockerized” applications, hundreds of Docker-related startups and integration partnerships with AWS, Alibaba, Canonical, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and VMware.