LiveIntent is changing the way people and businesses connect on the Internet. We use big data, predictive algorithms, and machine-learning to solve complex problems and deliver proprietary business value to our customers. To help propel our explosive growth, we are looking for sharp minds who can translate ideas into action and help drive innovation. As the only company bringing innovative, customer-focused solutions to email, this is your chance to help shape an industry while honing your skills with leading-edge technology.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll work in an agile environment with talented, cross-functional teams to design, implement, and iterate on products that satisfy customer needs and drive company growth. Our tech stack runs on a Linux foundation and includes Scala, Java, PHP, AngularJS, Node.js, Mongo, and MySQL. As a senior engineer you will help promulgate good design and coding practices, leading by example while at the same time gaining valuable experience. You will be responsible for the design, implementation, and delivery of products that fuel every part of the business.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is passionate about solving complex problems in real-time email marketing.
- Has a strong computer science foundation with a deep understanding of modern programming languages such as Java, Scala, and Python.
- Has at least four years experience designing, building and deploying production software.
- Is curious about technology and builds projects on the side just to try new stuff out.
- Develops with web frameworks such as Node.js, AngularJS, and JQuery.
- Has experience designing, building, and maintaining elegant, scalable software solutions.
- Gains deep empathy for customer pain points.
- Is dedicated to driving results while maintaining a delightful user experience.
- Has experience working with both relational and NoSQL databases.
- Enjoys collaborating with business, Product and User Experience teams.
About LiveIntent Berlin:
LiveIntent is a smarter way to market and advertise in email. The LiveIntent platform helps over 1300 top brands deliver marketing and advertising messages in logged-in media to over 130MM unique, engaged people each month, in emails sent by over 1300 top US publishers and brands to their loyal subscribers. LiveIntent was recognized in both 2014 and 2015 as the second fastest growing company in NYC (by Crain’s) and as one of America’s Most Promising Companies (Forbes 2015.) With the anonymized email address at the center of its platform, LiveIntent and its Identity Graph provides incremental reach to brands, in mobile inventory where brands are struggling to reach their customers beyond Facebook and Twitter. LiveIntent is now one of the largest people-based marketing platforms in the world reaching over 130MM logged-in people and also one of the first, having gone to market with the technology in 2010. LiveIntent is headquartered in NYC, with offices in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Copenhagen, Detroit, and the UK, serving as home to 209 people and counting.
In October 2015 we founded the LiveIntent Innovation Center in Berlin, a European hub for our talented international technology team to drive the vision in our roadmap. With eyes on our future, the Berlin team works on valuable, cutting-edge projects and solves challenging data problems.
Why Berlin? It’s a magnet for the best and brightest technology minds in Europe, and has a strong and growing deep technology innovation scene. It’s also multicultural and multilingual, and it offers a high quality of life for all ages and incomes. Great living spaces are very affordable, restaurants and gym memberships are cheap, and public transportation is more convenient than having a car. Festivals, cultural events and concerts to suit every taste are ongoing, and nightlife is equally diverse and spectacular. Even wildlife and outdoor activities are plentiful in the surrounding areas, and the Baltic Sea is a two hour drive away.