We’re looking for talented Software Engineers who know Go programming (or are interested in learning it) to join one of our development teams working on our subsystems.
- Fully Remote
- Competitive Salaries
- Change the World
To succeed as a Software Engineer, you should have a personality and work ethic aiming for excellence, independent of your seniority. Collaboration and communication skills are critical as we work in small agile (Scrum) teams that are 100% remote. We have a 4-hour overlap from 9:00-18:00 CET.
This role is the right fit for you if you have excellent attention to detail and can also create high-performance backend systems that adhere to industry best practices.
Software Engineer (Go) responsibilities:
Your experience and desired career path will determine which of our subteams you will join. These are some of the responsibilities of being a Software Engineer (Go) for World Mobile:
- Take end-to-end ownership of the product: from backlog refinement to production performance
- Produce high quality, readable and performant code, properly tested with Unit and Integration tests
- Accept and offer constructive feedback to help you and your peers improve
- Care for overall quality, code, and architecture
- Design and build complex distributed systems
- Design and build blockchain protocols and applications
- Design and build complex VoIP and networking systems
- Design and build small yet efficient embedded binaries on low-power devices
- Mentor team members with less experience
- Assist in the redaction of manuals, technical documentation, and tutorials
Software Engineer (Go) requirements:
- Senior-level: 10+ years of experience
- Familiarity with test automation tools, CI pipelines, Cloud, and containerisation technologies (embedded systems experience is a plus)
- Appreciate clean code and best practices in software engineering (Domain-Driven Design is a plus)
- Good communication skills, knowledge sharing, and collaboration
- A passion or interest for learning Go in harmony with the “right tool for the job” mentality (previous experience not required)
- Familiarity with cryptography — a major plus!
- Experience with Haskell programming — 5 stars!
About World Mobile:
World Mobile is creating a world where everyone, everywhere, is connected. As the first global mobile network built on blockchain and the sharing economy, we believe everyone has a fundamental right to connection, digital identity, economic freedom, and self-data governance.
We employ a diverse team worldwide and give each team member the freedom and support to do their best. As an equal opportunity workplace, we are committed to hiring people regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to help make the world a more connected place, you’ll love working for World Mobile.