Ticketmaster is looking for an experienced, open-minded and well-rounded Senior Software Engineer to work within the 3rd Party Integration team, part of the Software Engineering department, based at our office in central Barcelona. This team is focused with building an External Inventory Bridge which will enable International ticketing platform to publish a public API to connect it with third party platforms to sell tickets from external inventories.
The engineer will participate in architecture and design reviews, working closely with Product, Software Engineering and Architecture teams, write code + test plans/cases and work with engineers and architects to create our next generation Ticketing API.
Ticketmaster is part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world’s leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, LN Media and Artist Nation Management.
- Participate at the full API development lifecycle including the design, testing, implementation, delivery and documentation of software solutions
- Administer, implement and support AWS cloud environments
- Support technical to our markets and operation teams
- Be part of the on-call and out of hours as required
Skills / Knowledge / Experience
- 4 years or more of practical experience in software development
- Experience with AWS cloud technologies
- Extensive coding experience in Java /J2EE application development
- Proven experience in server side development of RESTful services & APIs
- Experience using Spring framework
- Orientated to the use of unit test frameworks
- Experience of software development for high capacity, high traffic, high availability APIs
- Strong demonstrable knowledge of Relational databases (preferably MySQL and AWS Aurora)
- Experience with source code management (Git Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery)
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum / Kanban)
- Working Knowledge of Terraform
- Working Knowledge of Docker
- Knowledge of Swagger
- Knowledge of Maven building tools
- Language skills: English (workplace) | Spanish or Catalan (relationship)
- Being self-motivated, well-organized, quality-oriented and a strong team player
- Comfortable with working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams
- Strong focus on software performance aspects and willingness to challenge existing architectures
- A desire to learn and use a broad range of skills in a highly complex environment
- Readiness for technical challenges and excellent analytical skills
- A keen interest in new technologies and open source
You may have experience in the following roles: Software Backend / Frontend Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Release Engineer.