If you like challenges and enjoy owning your code from design to production this is your opportunity! At Smadex we are looking for 6 experienced Sr Software Engineer.
What is Smadex?
Smadex is a cutting edge ad-tech company, we process more than 1 million ad-requests per second having to reply in less than 100ms. Every day we generate several TBs of data that need to be processed, analyzed, aggregated, and sent as feedback to all the real-time components.
Our tech stack is 100% based on AWS, having more than 600 instances running in 4 different regions.
We are advocates of the “you build it, you run it” philosophy, at Smadex every developer owns its code from design to production!
Technologies: Java, NodeJS, C, Redis, AWS (most of the available services), Nginx, Druid, MySQL, Memcache, Apache Hollow and much more :)
Minimum technical skills:
- Proficiency in building high-performance server-side applications
- 3+ years of relevant experience in Java
- Knowledgeable about web protocol, application servers and web servers
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Used to cache services like Memcached and Redis
- Knowledge working with highly distributed architectures
- Experience with automated tests
- Used to Linux environments
- Proficiency in git
- Able to write clear high-quality, standardised and usable code
- Capacity to recognize optimizable code
Desirable technical skills:
- Experience managing architectures within AWS (EC2, Load Balancers, RDS, Elasticache, CloudFront, CloudFormation, CloudSearch, S3, CodeDeploy, etc)
- Experience in Spring Framework
- Relevant experience in NodeJS, Netty or other asynchronous/reactive frameworks
- Used to CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Codeship, etc.
- Experience with performance and benchmark tests
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and sense of accountability
- Adding proactive and positive energy to our rapidly growing company
- Structured and analytical
- Excellent English
- Able to mentor less experienced team members
- Detail-oriented, well organized, and ability to multi-task in a results-oriented business environment
- Comfortable balancing trade-offs between technical, analytical and product needs
What's in it for you:
Competitive salary, the opportunity to have a real impact on one of the hottest startups in Barcelona and Europe, flexible working hours, an exceptional work environment with friendly peeps from more than 22 different nationalities, opportunity to be part of an agile team with a strong focus on innovation and technology, team building events, continuous development of your knowledge about the industry!