Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In more than 16 countries around the world, The Knot Worldwide’s leading family of brands—including The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, The Bash, The Bump, and more—help people take celebration planning from inspiration to action. When you join our global team, you’ll be a part of a diverse group of individuals passionate about serving and enabling our communities to celebrate the moments that make us.
ABOUT THE SENIOR ENGINEERING ROLE AND THE ADS & CONTENT TEAM:
The Knot Worldwide is seeking a talented and driven Senior Software Engineer to join our Ads & Content Engineering Team.
The Knot is the nation’s leading wedding marketplace, providing our couples with a completely personalized experience that guides them through the entire wedding planning journey. A large part of that journey is providing couples with relevant wedding content to help guide them through the many wedding planning stages and decisions. These range from booking a venue to pricing guidance, and last-minute tips for the day of. TKWW’s content ecosystem also provides a first impression to couples of our brand as they start to plan their wedding and helps to introduce them to everything that we have to offer.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll work to maintain all of our systems that serve content-oriented web pages, optimize them, and evolve them to meet our needs. In addition to driving forward the systems that power our content, you’ll also partner with our Ads team to ensure pages are optimized and can deliver high-performing ad units. You will also need to work closely with our editorial teams to ensure that systems can deliver what they need to keep all of our content fresh.
- Produce well-tested, maintainable full-stack code that follows mobile design guidelines and best practices while reviewing code from other engineers on the team to provide feedback and approval.
- Work with design teams in Figma to ensure layouts are feasible and will work well across different devices.
- Update backend code and systems as necessary to help evolve our content ecosystem to meet product needs.
- Participate in the Agile development process to help architect, build, and ship new features.
- Partner with product, design, and marketing teams to ensure engineering strategy meets organizational goals.
- Provide technical guidance and recommendations to other engineers on the team while reviewing code
- Work closely with remote and international teams
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5 or more years working on a full-stack team working closely with design, product, and QA.
- Ability to partner with engineers working across different technical stacks and backends.
- Experience working on varied tech stacks which can include, Ruby on Rails, React, Webpack, Next JS, NodeJS, and Docker
- Experience working at a publishing organization that frequently pushes out new content and works closely with editorial teams.
- General familiarity with Ad tech systems and ad performance on web pages.
- Strong understanding of web page performance, SEO, and analytics
- Comfortable with agile principles and a strong believer in the importance of agile when producing high-quality software.
- Communicate well, love to share knowledge, and are also always willing to learn from others. Good at explaining problems to technical and non-technical folks alike. Good at setting and resetting expectations with product owners and stakeholders.
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
You Dream Big. You iterate and experiment to drive innovation.
You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, and inclusion.
You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency and own your outcomes.
You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success and you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
We believe in a wide range of holistic offerings to support our employees so that they can live our values day in and day out. From mental wellbeing, physical health and financial planning, to engaging perks and discounts, we are in the business of celebrating and supporting the Moments that Matter both in and out of the “office”. We offer flexible vacation, generous parental leave and prioritize initiatives that support the growth, development, and happiness of our people.
TKWW’s approach to the future of work: We embrace a remote culture and empower our employees to work wherever they feel most productive. To facilitate in-person collaboration, we have office spaces in Austin, TX; Barcelona, Spain; Delhi, India; Galway, Ireland; Guangzhou, China; London, England; New York, NY; Norwalk, CT; Omaha, NE; Portland, OR; and Washington, D.C.
US Notice: The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
U.S. Applicants: If you are a resident of California, Colorado or New York City, please email email@example.com to request your state-specific job description. In the subject line, please add the specific job title of the role you are applying to. Please also be sure to specify your state of residence.
About The Knot Worldwide
Chevy Chase, MD, USA
1,000 - 5,000