Amazon Business (www.amazon.com/business) is a $25B B2B marketplace on Amazon.com that combines the selection, convenience and value customers have come to know and love from Amazon, with new features and unique benefits that address the needs of businesses. Our team focuses on offering a Business Prime experience for those users that are interested in going one step further (www.amazon.com/businessprime). We need smart software engineers with experience on complex systems that want to take this product to the next level in terms of scale and features.
Scale at Amazon is, well, really big. There are few companies out there building at our scale and complexity. As a Software Development Engineer (SDE), you will lead the design and implementation of important features that involve multiple teams and span different tech stacks. You’ll not only code, but also drive the direction of the software architecture, and work proactively with other teams on integration projects. After a ramp up period you will also lead code reviews, mentor engineers, and drive important technical decisions across stake holders.
As part of the Business Prime team you will be responsible of driving the next generation of features, ensure we have the technology to expand to new market places and verticals and integrate our offering within the Amazon Business and Amazon Prime ecosystems.
Business Prime is becoming the one and only Prime offer for Business customers and as such we are redesigning our core systems to grow not just the number of subscriptions but also the benefits we offer to our customers. Come join us!
· Strong communication and analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals in system design, object-oriented design and data structures
· 8 or more years of professional experience in software development industry
· Expert in at least one modern programming language such as C++, C#, Java or any other OO language
· Proficient in English (Spanish not required). The position is in Madrid but you will have colleagues all around the world and the working language will be English
· Experience taking a leading role in building in building high throughput, distributed and scalable systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
· Experience mentoring and coaching more junior engineers
· Experience with Microservices, Amazon Web Services, S3, DynamoDB, AWS Lambda, Linux and/or UNIX
· Experience in international and agile software development environments