A pioneering smart meters company based in Seville is looking for an enthusiastic, hands-on, skilled Senior Software Development Engineer to be part of the R&D department.
This is a great opportunity to work on national products, exciting projects and ongoing career development. You will be involved in both new and existing products development.
You will be highly motivated and have a clear passion for software especially with web/ios and android applications. This is a company where you are able to further your career and they are committed to the development of their engineers!
The Software Engineer will partake in all design cycle activities from specification and architecture through to integration, automatic testing, fault finding on on-going support.
- Contribute to the creation of new and novel design architectures.
- Take those architectures and code them into working products (most-time).
- IT support and infrastructure development (part-time).
- The role will be part of a multi-disciplinary team in an Agile development environment where you will provide feedback on timescales and project progress.
- Affinity with automated and unit testing.
Essential skills and attributes:
- Demonstrable strong backend in Java (JEE), Spring framework and microservices architectures (REST, API, JWT, etc.).
- Sound knowledge of SQL, XML, Patterns.
- Experience in multi-platform development (Linux, UNIX, Windows).
- In-depth knowledge of networking and Cyber Security.
- Experience of working on cloud server infrastructure design and deployment (AWS).
- Full development lifecycle experience and continuous integration (Jenkins, Sonar, etc).
- Proficient and comfortable with standard software development tools and methodologies including:
- Source control systems (GIT, SVN).
- Defect tracking systems (such as Redmine, JIRA, etc.)
- Collaborate with Android and iOS developers to integrate mobile applications with backends.
Desirable Skills and attributes:
- Exposure to IoT protocols (MQTT, COAP, etc).
- Knowledge of Docker (AWS ECS) and AWS Lambda.
- Knowledge of other languages Visual C++/Python/Shell scripting).
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases.
- Knowledge about big-data, adaptive algorithms and artificial intelligence methods.
Master’s degree in Computer Science
About Ontech Security