We are looking for experienced Senior Software Engineers to join Amazon Madrid Development Center that hosts teams like Books (inventing new reading experiences), Amazon Business (customer-centric provider of products and procurement services for business, government, and industry in the world) and INTech (impacting how Amazon customers shop on our sites, apps, and devices every day).
Scale at Amazon is, well, really big. There are few companies out there building at our scale and complexity, and even fewer in Europe. Our teams work together to solve challenging problems and deliver high quality solutions, with abundant opportunities to learn and experiment.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer (Senior SDE), you’ll be part of a small group of diverse peers that make the Amazon magic happen. Join us!
In this job you will be a technical and operational lead for a team that owns the conception, design, implementation, and evolution of the software. You will own testing and operational support for team software, staying connected to the customer experience.
You will solve varied complex problems across Amazon (including business prioritization, technical challenges in optimization, large-scale computing, machine learning, data mining, big data analysis, distributed systems, web applications, scalability, security, and algorithms, to name just a few). You will drive multiple programs in parallel, you will work with business stakeholders and partner technical teams worldwide, and you will support the growth and development of a high-performing software engineering team. You will have the chance to have great customer impact and continue growing in one of the most innovative companies in the world. You will learn a huge amount - and have a lot of fun - in the process!
If you have the skill to deliver results, the curiosity to continuously learn and grow those skills, and a desire to build innovative technology for users worldwide, we want to work with you.
· 8+ years experience building production software systems
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
· Expertise with object-oriented programming language (Java, C/C++, Objective C, Python, Ruby, Swift)
· Design/development skills and experience driving projects from concept to prototype to production
· Experience working with databases, data processing, and analytic tools
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs
· Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
· Comfortable with written and/or verbal communication
· Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
· Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
Considering moving to Madrid? – ¡Bienvenido! ¡Bienvenida!
Amazon chose Madrid to house its new Tech Hub in 2016. Since then it has grown to become one the company’s largest full software development centers in Europe. Opportunities for new projects in our Madrid office are as abundant as our sunshine or enticing tapas.
This a city that really knows how to live. Expats moving to Madrid will find a wonderful city with great restaurants, lively bars, interesting art galleries and two world-famous football teams. Madrid is Spain’s commercial and political capital with all the offerings of a city - while maintaining its down to earth Mediterranean attitude.
While private healthcare insurance afforded to all Amazon employees, the Spanish public healthcare system is considered one of the best in Europe. With excellent schools, ample activities, and many many parks it has to offer, Madrid is a great city to raise children.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.