Are you interested in languages, education and technology, and want to work at one of the world's fastest growing EdTech startups? Then join us and be part of an ambitious and talented team that revolutionises how we learn languages.
At Busuu we have just overcome 100-Million users worldwide and shown that learning a language can be done outside of a classroom. Technology brings learning into our private and business space and to keep us ahead of our competitors, we are looking for motivated talent who will help us reach our next milestone.
Working at that scale is not always an easy task, and we know that there are challenges ahead, so we are looking for someone who wants to become a better version of themself and master the challenge together with us. We want to grow not only into new markets, but also with new features and tools for our social network.
We are looking for passionate people who honestly love solving problems, by questioning the status quo and eager to build a legacy with Busuu.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer we have great things to come into your area of responsibilities.
You will work with other Engineering Members in building scalable services, which will operate across different Data Centers. The focus will be set on our Internal product area, building eg. tools for our teachers
What makes an amazing Senior Software Development Engineer at Busuu!?
- Excellent knowledge in PHP7 and/or nodeJS and building scalable services
- Good Knowledge in Frontend Framework like React, Angular or Vue
- Experience in data modelling using relational and non-relational databases (we use MySQL, PostgreSQL and MongoDB).
- Solid knowledge of API design, RESTFul or gRPC.
- Experience with SOLID, Design Patterns
- Experience working with legacy code base and its transition into Microservice Architecture
- Familiar with agile methodologies as scrum, kanban
- Ability to work outside your comfort zone, take a problem and solve it with as much or as little support as needed.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Event/Stream architecture
What can you expect working at Busuu Spain?
You will be based in our new Madrid Office and have the opportunity to travel to our HQ in London for short-term visits, when Covid permits. At Busuu we know that when we work hard we should find time to relax and have fun, this is why we encourage our members to join our quarterly team events, to build personal relationships with your peers.
Being a part of Busuu - How do things work:
We are acutely aware that we are in unprecedented times and like all companies we need to adapt to this in order to safeguard our Busuu community. In order to do this we are constantly reviewing the government guidelines and adapting accordingly to accommodate the physical and mental wellbeing of our employees. In the current global climate, some of our team events are virtual and some of our benefits have been amended.
At Busuu we want to ensure that you have access to some great benefits:
- Social interaction is really important to us so we have lots of remote activities for you to join into such as team events, socials, online weekly quiz, etc
- There is a personal training budget just for you, so you can learn more in your field, attend virtual conferences and events that you find interesting
- To keep you active and help your mindfulness we offer weekly virtual yoga sessions
- We like to support our teams with their work life balance so we offer flexible working hours
What happens next
We aim to have a simple and speedy hiring process and we want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The hiring process for a Senior Software Development Engineer has the following steps:
CV application review - We will review your CV as quickly as possible and update you on the next steps.
Let’s chat - Quick chat with our recruiter about your experience and the role.
Video call interviews - Video calls with the tech team and the hiring manager.
Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. We pride ourselves on embracing our differences, whether they're cultural, racial, religious or otherwise. This means each one of us comes to work knowing that we have a voice – and a safe, judgement-free zone to speak freely.
If you like the sound of that, join us. We'd love to hear what you have to say.