About The Position
Freightos is the online marketplace for the trillion dollar freight industry. With a stellar investor portfolio that includes GE Ventures and Aleph, $50 million in funding, and a team with a track record of successful exits, the five year old company is transitioning from startup to rapid revenue growth.
Which is important, because freight matters.
90% of everything we eat, wear or use is shipped or flown from other countries by the global freight (cargo) industry. But freight sales technology is stuck in the '90s, without automation and pricing transparency. Our unique patent-pending algorithm and sophisticated cloud-based stack change that, automating freight pricing and routing. Which is why after less than five years, most of the world's biggest freight forwarders use Freightos technology.
We’re not the only ones excited about changing the world. You can read about Freightos in the BBC, TechCrunch, the Wall Street Journal and others.
But moving freight better starts with shipping great code.
We’re looking for Senior Software Development Engineers (Sr. SDE) to join our growing Barcelona R&D team. The perfect candidate will be one who can drive stellar results at scale in the cloud, building V1 and V2 products that are so amazing they give us goosebumps.
Come ready for a challenge and don’t be fooled by container ships; this is rocket-science technology.
You’ll drive software architecture and design patterns for incredibly complex features that require guru-level Computer Science and high-level programming language expertise. Freightos sets an incredibly high bar to meet internal and customer commitments; you’re the type of engineer that pushes the bar even higher, mentoring and cultivating to drive consensus and align different opinions. Not to mention leveraging your experience in building mission-critical systems with SOA, microservices and APIs that scream modularity. From bug-zapping to analytics and on to problem-solving, you have the skills needed to bring a trillion dollar industry online.
- As a Cargo Code Commander, you’ll lead software development of major features and systems (architect, design, build and maintain).
- Contribute throughout the development and deployment cycle across the R&D organization.
- With over a million lines of code, ship happens. You’ll troubleshoot and solve complex problems and introduce mechanisms, new designs and best practices to prevent the recurrence of the problem.
- Freight never slows down; our SDEs participate in the on-call rotation.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Excellent (seriously, excellent) programming skills in Java or an OO programing language with over 5+ years of experience making computer magic happen.
- Excellent Computer Science fundamentals, object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Excellent communication, self-organization, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Must be fluent in English with excellent reading, speaking and writing skills.
- Good knowledge of Google/AWS cloud infrastructure and platforms (load balancers, storage, databases).
- Good prior work building and configuring monitoring tools.
- Experience designing tools to automate operational processes.