FilledThis offer is not available anymore
About Our Crew
Boats Group is the fastest-growing digital business in the recreational boating space. We operate the world’s largest and most popular marketplaces for boats and yachts: Boat Trader, YachtWorld, boats.com and CosasDeBarcos. Even as the #1 destination for more than 65 million boat shoppers every year, we are always innovating. We are a talented team of techies, creatives, marketers, closers and customer advocates who spend each day pushing the boundaries of technology to make buying and selling boats easy.
Our passion and unyielding dedication to getting people on the water influence our culture in ways you won’t find at other companies. We’re the best at what we do because we’re working in an industry we love. When you walk through our doors, you’ll find smart, dedicated people who consider one another family.
We work hard. We move fast. We push each other to be the best. And we spend each day surrounded by 500,000 boats from across the globe.
If you want to work in an inclusive, fast paced environment where we encourage employees to collaborate, leverage their talents and actively shape the future of the company, then you will enjoy working here!
Job Title: Senior Software Developer - Mobile Technologies
As a member of our mobile technologies team you will be responsible for developing solutions to achieve the objectives of Boats Group. You will analyse requirements and determine the best solutions, calling on your extensive knowledge, experience and understanding of the domain. You will relish sharing that same expertise in the form of technical leadership, coaching and mentoring within the software development teams. You will build a deep understanding of the strategic and tactical goals for Boats Group. You will work closely with the Software Architect to advise on determining software architectures and then translate the direction set by the Architect into principles to guide short and long term technology goals.
What You Must Have
- BS in Computer Science/related field of study or equivalent experience developing and maintaining complex enterprise web applications in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- An understanding of web services (RESTful and RPC based), JSON payloads with stateless restful polyglot services.
- Experience with version control systems (Git, SVN)
- An understanding of continuous integration, continuous deployment and unit testing
- Experience developing and maintaining production ready React Native applications
- Experience publishing these apps to their respective stores (and working through their respective approval processes)
- An understanding of agile software development practices
What You Should Have
- Experience developing applications leveraging cloud platforms (AWS) including a thorough understanding of the unique problems the cloud presents.
- Search technologies like Apache Solr and Elasticsearch
- Queueing technologies: JMS, RabbitMQ
Boats.com company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.