Senior Software Developer
Do you enjoy mentoring and coaching others whilst building interesting products?
Solving unique problems is a part of daily life here at Nested. Become part of our early engineering team and help shape our team, practices, product and culture from the very beginning. We believe every UK homeowner should have access to an accurate and honest valuation of their property in seconds and be able to sell in a matter of clicks. That's where you fit in.
Who we are
We’re a team with big plans. To us it seems unfair that people’s biggest asset is also the least liquid. Our mission is to give home-sellers certainty over their property sale from day one. We are doing this by using technology to rebuild the process of selling a house from the ground up. Visit our tech blog for a look at our product team.
Our co-founders have previously founded two of Europe’s most successful startups, GoCardless and Songkick. This wealth of experience has gained us backing from Europe’s biggest VCs and entrepreneurs.
Having done it before, we know what it takes to be successful. We’re looking for people excited to build something that matters.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Be part of an Agile engineering team that embraces collaborative working
- Help coach and mentor others engineers
- Develop tools to support our internal operations team to drive operational efficiency
- Work closely with our product and design team to implement a modern and high quality front end experience
- Dabble in new tech to help push the boundaries of what we’re building
- Work with these fine people
Interested in learning more about our tech stack? Rather than clutter up this job spec, check out what we use here on Stackshare.
We think you’ll probably:
- Have a good eye for detail and care about building reliable, well-tested systems
- Enjoy being in an early stage startup environment
- Enjoy making things less complicated and more efficient using automation and the right tool for the job
- Be curious and enjoy troubleshooting, actively seeking out problems and then solving them
- Experience in coaching and mentoring developers
- Have previously helped in the recruitment for software engineers
You’ll get bonus points if you have any of the following:
- Commercial experience using Elixir or any other functional programming language
- Have worked with containerised infrastructures using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Been part of an engineering team at a fast growing company.
- Actively contribute to open source projects
Got any questions? Want to know more about the role or team before applying? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Finally benefits! It wouldn't be a job description without a benefits section. We believe our values set us apart and are our biggest benefit. We care about them deeply and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values we have some other great perks to tell you about.
- Flexible working. Most of the team work from home a day a week (WFH Wednesdays). We care about if you do your job, not where
- Generous option grant, so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively, with regular pay reviews
- Childcare vouchers, parental leave policy and support
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- £3,000 budget to make sure you’ve got your perfect work set-up
- Generous personal development budget, and dedicated company-wide learning days focused on employee growth (£1,000 per person per year)
- Breakfast, coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled
- Monthly team events
- Pension scheme (4% employer contribution)
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health and dental care
- Plus, if you’re ever buying or selling a home we’re pretty good at helping with this as well :-)
If all the above sounds good then please take 2mins to familiarise yourself with our hiring process. It's pretty thorough and ensures we're confident in every hire. Please take a look at how it works here https://nested.com/hiring-process
Nested is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
At Nested we embrace diversity and see it as a benefit to our company. That's why we're committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or status as an individual with a disability.