As part of our cross functional agile team, you will program, test and complete user stories along with the rest of our developers, but your background will make you the 'go to guy' when it comes to concepts and technologies like Event Sourcing, Queuing, Microservice Architectures, Continuous Delivery, Configuration Management, Virtualisation, Containerisation, for example.
You will ensure the successful delivery of high quality software products, be involved in the functional and technical conception and delivery of new releases and components. You drive the design and development of new innovative products and services from the technical side.
The assets you bring to the team:
- At least five years of relevant experience in software development with Java 7 or 8
- Interested in learning other languages for the JVM, like Scala
- Sound understanding of NoSQL systems, ideally experienced in using Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, and Couchbase
- Strong experience in working with SQL databases like MariaDB, MySQL, EXASOL or PostgreSQL
- Strong experience with distributed systems and RESTful services
- Profound knowledge of database and programming theory and its application in the daily work (CAP theorem, etc.)
- Practical experience with asynchronous systems including message queueing (Kafka preferred)
- Practical experience with tools for build and deployment automation (maven, sbt, Jenkins, Ansible, docker, …)
- Ability to think and learn quickly, outstanding analytical skills, creativity and the word to convince people doing the right things first
- Team spirit and enjoyment for agile procedures, with Scrum or Kanban experience
- Very good level of English, German is a plus
What we offer:
- Our culture embraces integrity, teamwork and innovation. Our work environment inspires your best work.
- An international team with a professional background, awesome co-workers as well as respect & support.
- Work with cutting-edge technologies (Big Data, Real-Time Advertising, Cloud Services, Retargeting, Server2Server communication, etc.) and free choice of development environment and operating system.
- Individual training offers, subsidisation of Berlin company ticket and many team events and lots of goodies.