Eventbrite's business continues to grow and scale rapidly, powering millions of events. Event creators and event goers need new tools and technologies that empower them to have the most meaningful live experiences. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be part of a team that ensures that the Eventbrite platform runs efficiently, securely, and at scale.
We're a people-focused Engineering organization: the people on our team value working together in small teams to solve significant problems, supporting an active culture of mentorship and inclusion, and pushing themselves to learn new things daily. Pair programming, weekly demos, tech talks, and quarterly hackathons are at the core of how we’ve built our team and product. We believe in engaging with the community, regularly hosting free events with some of the top technical speakers, and actively contributing to open source software (check out Britecharts as an example!). Our technology spans the web, mobile, API, big data, machine learning, search, physical point of sale, and scanning systems.
The role is based in the newly opened Engineering Office in Madrid, Spain, where a growing group of highly-skilled engineers is developing Eventbrite’s global platform and operations.
As a senior member of the SRE team, you will share the responsibility for our platform with fellow engineers. You will embrace the SRE model, and you will be an early advocate in implementing the methodology at Eventbrite in Madrid.
THE TECH STACK
Our primary stack is Python and Django based microservices, running on AWS with MySQL backends. Some of the other tools that we use heavily are Redis, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Git, and an endless supply of coffee.
- Lead engineers and product owners to architect products that operate at production scale.
- Mentor SREs and engineers on best practices of running and maintaining a production environment.
- Oversee the smooth operation of Eventbrite’s platform from frontend to backend.
- Perform requirements and capacity analysis; design, launch and extend microservices, perform monitoring and troubleshooting of complex systems.
- Enhance tooling around microservices and continuous deployment to help engineers quickly ship high quality code.
- Support the transition from self-hosted services to cloud-managed services.
- Identify inefficiencies and look for new ways to improve partnership with other teams throughout Eventbrite.
- Partner closely with the Security team to ensure that Eventbrite’s systems, services and data are protected.
- Train engineers in the art of being on-call and triaging production issues.
THE SKILL SET
- Extensive relevant industry experience in SRE, DevOps, or System Engineer roles, ideally 5-7 years.
- Considerable experience with Linux systems administration (Ubuntu experience appreciated)
- Solid programming skills (Python! or Ruby or Go)
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Configuration management experience (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt)
- Fluent in usual database operations (MySQL)
- Broad technical troubleshooting and performance tuning experience.
- Experience managing high user volume, rapidly growing or critical production service environments.
- Experience leveraging monitoring tools such as Datadog and Graphite.
- Ability to handle on-call duty with the team.
- Experience with Nginx / Apache / Varnish / Haproxy
- Familiarity with service discovery and orchestration systems such as Consul, Nomad, and Vault.
- Active Eventbrite user with a passion for live events
Eventbrite is a the world’s largest self-service ticketing platform, powering millions of live experiences each year. We empower creators of events of all shapes and sizes – from music festivals, experiential yoga, political rallies to gaming competitions –– by providing them the tools and resources they need to seamlessly plan, promote, and produce live experiences around the world. Last year, the team served 795,000 creators hosting nearly 4 million experiences across 170 countries. Our mission? To bring the world together through live experiences. Meet some of the Britelings that make it happen.