Eventbrite's business continues to grow and scale rapidly, powering millions of events. Event creators and event goers need new tools and technologies that empower them to have the most meaningful live experiences. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be part of a team that ensures that the Eventbrite platform runs efficiently, securely, and at scale.
We're a people-focused Engineering organization: the people on our team value working together in small teams to solve significant problems, supporting an active culture of mentorship and inclusion, and pushing themselves to learn new things daily. Pair programming, weekly demos, tech talks, and quarterly hackathons are at the core of how we’ve built our team and product. We believe in engaging with the community, regularly hosting free events with some of the top technical speakers, and actively contributing to open source software (check out Britecharts as an example!). Our technology spans the web, mobile, API, big data, machine learning, search, physical point of sale, and scanning systems.
The role is based in the newly opened Engineering Office in Madrid, Spain, where a growing group of highly-skilled engineers is developing Eventbrite’s global platform and operations.
Our engineering teams own their services and systems end to end from requirements gathering to deployment to maintenance. Team members follow an on-call rotation to ensure any issues are mitigated immediately and root causes are rectified.
As a senior member of the SRE team, you will share the responsibility for our platform with fellow engineers. You will embrace the SRE model, and you will be an early advocate in implementing the methodology at Eventbrite in Madrid.
THE TECH STACK
Our primary stack is Python and Django based microservices, running on AWS with MySQL backends. Some of the other tools that we use heavily are Redis, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Git, and an endless supply of coffee.
- Lead engineers and product owners to architect products that operate at production scale.
- Mentor SREs and engineers on best practices of running and maintaining a production environment.
- Oversee the smooth operation of Eventbrite’s platform from frontend to backend.
- Perform requirements and capacity analysis; design, launch and extend microservices, perform monitoring and troubleshooting of complex systems.
- Enhance tooling around microservices and continuous deployment to help engineers quickly ship high quality code.
- Support the transition from self-hosted services to cloud-managed services.
- Identify inefficiencies and look for new ways to improve partnership with other teams throughout Eventbrite.
- Partner closely with the Security team to ensure that Eventbrite’s systems, services and data are protected.
- Train engineers in the art of being on-call and triaging production issues.
THE SKILL SET
- Extensive relevant industry experience in SRE, DevOps, or System Engineer roles, ideally 5-7 years.
- Considerable experience with Linux systems administration (Ubuntu experience appreciated)
- Solid programming skills (Python! or Ruby or Go)
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Configuration management experience (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt)
- Fluent in usual database operations (MySQL)
- Broad technical troubleshooting and performance tuning experience.
- Experience managing high user volume, rapidly growing or critical production service environments.
- Experience leveraging monitoring tools such as Datadog and Graphite.
- Ability to handle on-call duty with the team.
- Experience with Nginx / Apache / Varnish / Haproxy
- Familiarity with service discovery and orchestration systems such as Consul, Nomad, and Vault.
- Active Eventbrite user with a passion for live events
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks.
In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, on-site services, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And if you like sports, we have our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
Ongoing training and career development is an important part of our culture
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, language exchange programs, internal training, Briteling talks, workshops and weekly sessions with our CEO
Work-life balance is extremely important to us
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of nearly one million event creators in over 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it's an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 300 million tickets distributed to more than 4 million experiences in 2019, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love.