Kochava provides a unified platform with solutions for mobile advertising and marketing technology clients, serving the world’s top brands and apps; We are the industry standard for secure, real-time data solutions. We help people-based marketers establish identity, define and activate audiences, and measure and optimize their marketing across connected devices.
We enable the visibility into and management of billions of data points, millions of users, and hundreds of millions of dollars in lifetime value (LTV) and promotional ad spend. Our Unified Audience Platform empowers our customers to see and manage their data and unleash the power of their connected audiences; Globally, Kochava is trusted by the largest brands across a wide spectrum of verticals, including mobile gaming, commerce, news and media, to perform high-end mobile analytics; among our clients we have Coca Cola, Nike, ViacomCBS, McDonald's, Yelp, BBC Worldwide, Microsoft, and many more.
Kochava is looking for enthusiastic engineers to join our Site Reliability Engineering Team. As a member of this team you will work closely with the software engineering teams with a focus on software development and infrastructure design providing the expertise in performance, stability and scalability. The applications and services that this team supports ingest billions of requests per day in a highly available, low-latency, and always-on environment providing analytics and mobile attribution tools for some of the biggest names in the mobile space. Engineers on this team will be challenged in a fast-paced environment and steer the advancement of efficient, resilient and scalable services.
- Streamline and enhance the day-to-day operational workflows of critical applications and services in a 24x7x365 environment located in Google Compute Platform, AWS, and physical data centers.
- Utilize a wide variety of open source technologies to create fault-tolerant, scalable and secure high performance services and pipelines on a global scale.
- Work directly with software engineering teams to enhance the performance, scalability and observability of resources of multiple applications and ensure that production handoff requirements are met.
- Define KPIs and evangelize the adoption of best practices in relation to performance and reliability across the organization.
- Continuously improve application observability to ensure the uptime and reliability of our applications and infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack; hardware, software, application and network within physical datacenter and cloud-based environments.
- Provide on-call support for projects once handoff requirements have been met.
- 5+ years experience in designing, building, optimizing, and maintaining infrastructure on a large scale.
- Experience in high level languages such as Go and Python.
- A deep understanding of the Linux operating system, from the console to the kernel.
- Ability to work in as part of a distributed team.
- Fluent in English
- BS/MS Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience leading detailed projects from inception to completion.
- Experience with containers and container orchestration tools (Docker, Kubernetes and Spinnaker experience preferred).
- Experience working in the Google Cloud Platform environment.
- Software development experience using Go, PHP, Java, and/or NodeJS.
- Experience with Kafka, MySQL, Influxdb, Elasticsearch, Redis, and/or Memcached.
Kochava began in 2011 when a team of mobile and gaming professionals saw the need to better understand the feedback loop of user acquisition, engagement, and LTV for mobile applications. Through the process of creating apps for customers from a wide range of industries, we were repeatedly asked if we could shed some light on what media advertising efforts were converting and the effectiveness of their mobile ad spend by partner. Realizing a solution to these questions wasn’t readily available, we started designing and building a mobile measurement platform that would become Kochava.
Our HQ Location
We live and work in the wonderful ski resort town of Sandpoint, Idaho. Kochava has sales and agency representation in major markets worldwide, but we choose to grow our development and engineering infrastructure around Sandpoint, as it allows us to stay focused on cutting code while taking advantage of the community and quality of life the town offers to our team.
Kochava is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.