About The Position
Freightos is the online marketplace for the trillion dollar freight industry. With a stellar investor portfolio that includes GE Ventures and Aleph, $50 million in funding, and a team with a track record of successful exits, the five year old company is transitioning from startup to rapid revenue growth.
Which is important, because freight matters.
90% of everything we eat, wear or use is shipped or flown from other countries by the global freight (cargo) industry. But freight sales technology is stuck in the '90s, without automation and pricing transparency. Our unique patent-pending algorithm and sophisticated cloud-based stack change that, automating freight pricing and routing. Which is why after less than five years, most of the world's biggest freight forwarders use Freightos technology.
We’re not the only ones excited about changing the world. You can read about Freightos in the BBC, TechCrunch, the Wall Street Journal and others.
But moving freight better starts with shipping great code.
Our SRE team aggressively tackles issues impacting our customers’ experience or the reliability of our systems. A SRE Software Engineer leads our continuous improvement efforts to eliminate code defects. Our engineers, not only diagnose and resolve customer issues and identify root causes, but also drive changes to our processes and methodologies. SRE engineers solve complex problems and help us scale our services and maintain our software compliance requirements.
We’re looking for engineers who can get things done in half, or less, the time it takes an average engineer in the industry. Our new hires are expected to help, collaborate and add value quickly while working with our current engineers. We work, and expect new hires as well, to work under tight schedules, deadlines and conflicting priorities.
● Maintain the customer experience by writing software that guarantees the reliability and performance of any code or config we release to production.
● Own system availability and performance end to end.
● Mentor and lead by example to deliver high quality and high performing code.
Troubleshoot and solve complex problems and introduce mechanisms,
use new designs and best practices to prevent the recurrence of the
● Participate in the on-call rotation to provide 24×7 support and meet our SLA (Service Level Agreement).
● 5+ years as a Software Engineer
● Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
● Excellent programming skills in Java or an OO programing language.
● Excellent Computer Science fundamentals, object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
● Excellent communication, self-organization, time management and interpersonal skills.
● Must be fluent in English with excellent reading, speaking and writing skills.
● 5+ years as a SRE or DevOPs Engineer
● Good knowledge in a scripting language.
● Good knowledge of Google/AWS cloud infrastructure and platforms (load balancers, storage, databases)
● Good prior work with building and configuring monitoring tools.
● Experience designing tools to automate operational processes.
● Experience in maintaining large scale, high performing and distributed systems