At New Relic, we provide our customers with instant and deep insight into their application’s behavior and performance. With our SaaS-based application performance monitoring (APM) solution, we have our customer’s backs by transparently instrumenting their application and reporting issues, often before the customer knows that there is a problem. We give our customers as much information as possible to help them tune their site’s reliability and performance.
New Relic is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to join our internal infrastructure team and help build and maintain our toolchain for managing the provisioning of our infrastructure.
The team is responsible for allocating and delivering computing resources to the entire New Relic organization. We work closely with other engineering teams to do capacity planning to support the growth of existing workloads and new projects. We build tools and integrate existing solutions to quickly and reliably respond to the changing demands of New Relic’s technical infrastructure.
This is a challenging and exciting space. We are actively working to transform our infrastructure into an agile and automated foundation for accelerated growth. It takes creativity and skill to weave diverse vendors and hardware features into the functionality our customers have come to depend on.
We’re a very fast growing company and we care about our culture. We value work/life balance, personal respect, code ownership by engineers, and experimentation.
- Build and maintain New Relic's computing infrastructure, in our European region.
- Maintain and improve New Relic’s provisioning tools, allowing rapid deployment of service capacity.
- Work with other engineering teams to do capacity planning and provide resources to support traffic growth and new initiatives.
Skills and Experience:
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages. Ruby, Python, Go, and Java are in general use at New Relic but experience with other languages is also valuable.
- Familiarity with revision control software, especially Git.
- A solid understanding of web application architecture, including TCP/IP and HTTP.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- An amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture to keep you healthy and comfy.
- A variety of snacks and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
Please note, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
At New Relic, we hire people who are eager to contribute to our culture, and we empower them to do just that. We take pride in thinking beyond our day-to-day job descriptions and encourage you to actively seek out opportunities to create the type of work environment that you want to be a part of. What does this look like in action? You should be ready to be a “culture add” to New Relic and spend ~5% of your time finding meaningful ways to make this an even better place to work.
A little about us:
New Relic provides the real-time insights that software-driven businesses need to innovate faster. New Relic’s cloud platform makes every aspect of modern software and infrastructure observable, so companies can find and fix problems faster, build high-performing DevOps teams, and speed up transformation projects. Learn why more than 50% of the Fortune 100 trust New Relic at newrelic.com.
We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high-quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established on October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup.
This is a unique opportunity to work at a startup within a NYSE company where the entire office fits around the lunch table. We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX, and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
Very interested but not sure if you’re the right fit? Don’t be shy, click on the link below to send your resume with a cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
New Relic is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, individuals with disabilities, age, sexual orientation, protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
About New Relic