Imagine a workplace that allows you to own your own product and where your ideas will be heard and implemented. Imagine an environment where your performance makes a difference, not just within the company itself but for billions of travelers worldwide! That place is TrustYou.
We are looking for travel-lovers, innovators, and genuinely amazing people who can help us in our mission to make guest communication and feedback simpler and more productive.
As a Crawling Engineer at TrustYou, you will be part of an international, talented and motivated team that uses their combined knowledge of data processing and analysis, machine learning, natural language processing, and big data technologies to continuously evolve the TrustYou data pipelines. You will be maintaining and developing data extractors able to collect data from hundreds of websites and mobile apps, gathering millions of hotel and restaurant reviews every day. You will be collaborating with product managers, data scientists, linguistic experts, and other data engineers to continuously improve our product.
Take a look at our StackShare profile if you want to see a list of technologies that we use at TrustYou.
This position is open for candidates interested in a fulltime permanent or freelance position in Spain or Romania as well as anyone working remotely from the European Union.
Ready to learn more?
Your Area of Influence:
- You will collaborate in technical design, implementation and maintenance of data extractors ( spiders )
- You will design and implement new solutions for improving the spiders’ performance and quality assurance
Our Expectations of You:
- You have fluent communication skills in English
- You are fluent in Python3
- You have 3+ years experience developing Spiders
- Experience working with legacy code
- Experience with SQL and relational Databases
- Good understanding of different anti-crawling strategies and how to avoid them
What Would Make You a Perfect Fit:
- Experience getting data from APPs by means of reverse engineering
- Familiar with virtualization technologies, such as Docker
- Experience with agile development practices such as CI, CD, TDD, Pair-Programming, Refactoring, etc.
- Experience in frameworks such as Luigi / Airflow is a plus
- Experience with big data technologies like Hadoop MR, Apache Spark, Kafka, PostgreSQL
- Flexible working hours
- Remote-friendly environment
- 1 bonus vacation day to be used for your favorite travel adventure!
- Free access to various learning resources, as well as 96 hours/year to be used for learning & development
- A global team of friendly, highly motivated co-workers
- English and/or German language lessons
- Other team events and perks based on location
- The TrustYou Guest Experience Platform is used by more than 50,000 hotels worldwide to consolidate and analyze guest feedback, as well as provide real-time communication, allowing guests to message the hotel reception while they’re at the hotel. Within one tool, hotels get an overview of all reviews from platforms like Booking.com and Google and are able to improve the hotel experience for their guests. Our semantically analyzed data is also used by big tech companies like Google, Bing, and Hotels.com to serve curated feedback data to billions of worldwide travelers.
TrustYou is an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of gender, background, religion, orientation, age, or ability.
If you think this position is not a good fit for you but you still can have an impact on our organization please take a look at our open positions in engineering.
Join us! We look forward to reading your application and getting to know you more.