LDW is a rapidly growing digital entertainment company that brings online entertainment to millions of people on a daily basis. Our products span across more than 20 languages and reach several million people a day throughout the globe. Our mission is to develop new ground breaking entertainment formats on social media. As a member of our team you'll get to work with a team of highly talented and motivated people from a diverse set of backgrounds.
We're looking for a senior Ruby on Rails full stack developer to drive the development of our flagship product: quizzstar.com. As our lead engineer you'll be in charge of developing new features for our platform as well as improving our underlying infrastructure (RoR, MongoDB, Redis, Amazon Lambda; amongst others).
- Lead quizzstar.com's development and improvement
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code that scales to 500M+ page views per month
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs and devise elegant solutions
- Improve code quality through refactoring, testing and code review
- Rapidly deploy infrastructure changes to support new quiz concepts and formats
- At least 4 years of experience as a software developer
- Experience with relational databases, mongoDB and Redis
- Experience with scaling large applications and enhancing their performance
- Strong knowledge of Git
- Strong communication skills in English
- High motivation to learn and grow
- You are reliable and can work independently
- With millions of users in more than 20 languages and billions of clicks a month, we offer you a worldwide platform for your personal development
- Work with a group of like-minded talented individuals eager to learn and share their experience with one another
- Ability to work from home 5 days a month
- Free subscription to Lynda.com and other online courses
- An unlimited amount of free coffee!