- Kantox is a Fintech company developing sophisticated software solutions that aim at helping companies manage their FX risk in an automated way. We are now a 100-people strong team split between London and Barcelona, and have raised over €20M. We just got awarded for the second year in a row the Deloitte Fast 50 UK!
We are a team of experienced professionals and we love heavy challenges and don't compromise on execution speed and quality. We always strive for excellence and have each other's back. Working inside Kantox Engineering, you will be at the crossroads of many strategic projects aiming at making Kantox a product company solving complex challenges for businesses. So if you are a hard-working team player who likes to be challenged and wants to join one of the fastest growing Fintech on the European scene, keep reading!
We’re looking for Ruby on Rails, Java and Elixir Engineers to join our Kantox software engineering team in Barcelona! Our platform core is primarily based on Ruby on Rails but we also make good use of Elixir, Elixir/Phoenix and Java as well. You will work with a self-motivated multi-disciplinary multi-cultural team that view Kantox software development as an extreme team sport.
The Kantox Engineering Manifesto:
Kantox is a team sport. Our engineering culture is devoid of egos yet we take great pride in our work. We believe in constructively challenging each other pushing our knowledge, code, processes to the absolute limit.
Our processes are based around continual self improvement, continual code integration and deployment.
What we’re looking for:
- Senior level engineers with 3+ years of professional experience in either Ruby on Rails, Elixir or Java
- Team player with strong opinions capable of building consensus for the causes that they are passionate about and equally capable of accepting the direction taken once a decision has been taken.
- Engineers who value automation in testing and understand what it means to develop code with test driven automation in mind
- Engineers capable of taking a complex feature and breaking it down in to bite size sprints that can be easily tracked both within engineers as well by our product development team
- Engineers who practice continual improvement
- Engineers that are self driven capable of moving ahead in the agreed direction with minimal supervision
- Engineers who understand the balance between getting it done versus long term sustainability
- Engineers passionate about technology and who love engaging with other engineers to extract the best out of each other
- Engineers with a University degree in Computer Science (preferably a Masters) or equivalent
Expected Skills & Experience.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Permission to work within the EU is a must
- At least 3 complete years working professionally on either: Ruby on Rails, Elixir or Java based projects
- Testing: you are convinced of its value and you know how to create useful, complete tests
- Fluent in English.
- If you are technically fluent in 2 of: Ruby on Rails, Elixir or Java then we really would like to talk to you!
What we offer:
- Dynamic and intense work environment without much of a hierarchy
- Competitive compensation
- Direct impact on the business
- Opportunity to work on really cool technology
- The chance to work with a highly motivated and brillant team of software engineers hailing from many parts of the world
- Living and working in Barcelona
Need we say more?