Kantox is a leading fintech company developing sophisticated Currency Management Automation software solutions that help companies to automate their foreign exchange processes and leverage currencies for growth
We are a 120-person strong team, split between London and Barcelona. So far, we’ve raised over €30 million and became profitable in 2018. Thanks to our clients, we continue to grow at a fast pace. Over 6500 clients in 74 countries have already exchanged more than USD $15 billion with us!
As well as appearing on CB Insights’ Fintech 250 list, our Currency Management Automation software, Kantox Dynamic Hedging®, was named Best Risk Management Solution by TMI in both 2020 and 2018, and Best Solution Innovation in 2019. We were also named winners of the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 UK for three years running and Fast 500 EMEA Award winners for two.
Kantox is made up of an energetic team of people that love big challenges. We compromise on execution, speed and quality and always strive for excellence - while still having fun. So, if you want to join one of the fastest-growing fintech companies worldwide, keep reading…
The goal of the ROR Engineer is to make real new features and improvements in our platform. The real value of Kantox is focused on the range of quality products we offer through our platform, therefore a resistant, reliable and efficient code structure is key for our business.
This is a full-time, in-office job and with infinite possibilities for growth. The ideal candidate will be joining a vibrant and passionate group of software engineers that hail from all parts of the world.
- Have a University degree in Computer Science (preferably a Masters) or equivalent
- You are a coding monster. You breath and dream code.
- You love writing tests for your code.
- You are a passionate programmer.
- You love meta programming.
- You are comfortable working in a dynamic and demanding environment.
- You understand work hard, play hard, code smart.
- You think out of the box while at the same time appreciating the value of existing approaches.
- You are a team player and are capable of leaving your ego out of technical conversations.
- You practice continual improvement.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- At least 4-5 complete years working on Ruby or Ruby on Rails projects.
- Advanced Ruby skills
- Testing: you are convinced of its value and you know how to create useful, complete tests.
- Fluent in English.
- Appreciated: practical experience in functional programming, distributed programming, micro-services and/or concurrency.
- Permission to work within the EU is a plus
- Visa sponsorship
- Sponsored learning budget
- Free private health insurance
- Free Spanish, English and French lessons
- Relocation package if needed
- Flexible working hours with an intensive Friday schedule
- Hybrid work model
- 26 days of annual vacations
- Gym discounts and free sport activities
- Restaurant Ticket with monthly credit and regular cross-team lunches
- Fresh fruit and unlimited coffee
- Pizza fridays
- Beautiful office with incredible 360-degree views of Barcelona
Kantox is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Kantox employee.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and encourage all applicants regardless of race, religion, or belief (if any), color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, age, marital and civil partnership status, or disability status.