Alpha Health has now become Koa Health. After 4 years of intense research and product development on breakthrough digital mental health solutions; Alpha Health has graduated from Telefonica’s moonshot factory.
Koa Health is a digital mental health company bringing high quality mental healthcare to people around the world. Targeting a significant market opportunity, Koa is building solutions that are comprehensive (from prevention to cure), effective (with a uniquely strong evidence-base), ethical (e.g., managing personal data), and personal (rather than one-size-fits-all).
Koa launched its first commercial product in the US and UK in February (Foundations) and launches Mindset in the US later this year. In parallel, Koa is developing a pipeline of clinical products, including Perspectives and Foresight.
At Koa, we have built a fantastic team of designers, engineers, researchers, and commercial leads. We also partner with the very best clinicians and academics in the US, the UK, and Europe.
About the role
We are looking for a Data Scientist or Machine Learning Engineer. As a Senior Research Engineer you will play an integral part in Koa Health’s R&D team. You will actively work with other researchers and engineers on designing, building and transferring algorithms to Koa Health products.
- Leading the design, implementation and deployment of end to end ML projects in production
- Collaborating across research, engineering and product teams
- Addressing product needs through actionable insights based on data
- Coordinating the work with external collaborators and research partners
- Actively participating to internal research projects to be published in relevant journals and conferences
- Actively contributing to the ideation of patentable concepts
- Mentoring less experienced data scientists
- Team player who can mentor less experienced Data Scientists.
- Practical knowledge of machine learning and deep learning (training and serving).
- Experience in delivering ML solutions for products.
- Experience in software engineering (design, testing, deployment).
- Fluency in Python for data manipulation (numpy, scipy, pandas) and software production (packaging, unit testing, building API). Knowledge of Scala is a plus.
- Experience with tools like git, docker and frameworks like AWS
- Experience with data processing practices and tools like Spark
- Experience with Data Analysis, KPI definition, dashboards building.
- Research experience in ML and/or digital health is a plus
- Knowledge of empirical experimental practices (experimental design, RCT) is a plus
- Fluency in English
Koa Health Perks
We provide all the necessary help and perks to make your life at work and outside of work fun and comfortable all year round, like:
- Benefits package (health and life insurance, pension plan, Ticket Restaurant)
- Work from home or work from the office
- Ticket Restaurant
- Flexible working schedule
- High social impact with worldwide reach
- A friendly and open environment
- A democratic team culture that encourages everybody to contribute ideas and acquire new skills
- HQ in sunny Barcelona, right by the beach