Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
About the Team & Role
The talent team is expanding to help scale our incredible team further and to hit aggressive business goals in 2019!
Recruiting is part of the People Operations (HR) Department and partners closely with founders, leaders and hiring managers across all teams (as well as external vendors who occasionally augment our efforts) to ensure we bring in the right talent at the right time. We use Lever and Rippling along with Google products, Asana, Quip and other organizational tools to stay on top of our workload. Experience working with these products allows new team members to ramp up more quickly!
- Source candidates through a variety of standard and creative avenues including relevant networks, online and internal databases, employee referrals and passive candidates through networking and research.
- Build strong pipelines of leads and active potential candidates; nurture long term leads and manage relationships over time.
- Work internally with hiring managers to understand positions and team needs, calibrate throughout the process, update and report on activity and results from kickoff to close.
- Advise on job descriptions, role profiles, and offer packages based on the position and company requirements, market and work cross functionally with finance and people ops to ensure we maintain a high close rate and market competitiveness.
- Post, maintain and track open roles; arrange interviews including scheduling at each stage as needed.
- Track, analyze and iterate on personal metrics throughout the process, including understanding where there are roadblocks and working through the recruiting leader to resolve them.
- 4+ years of hands-on, corporate and agency recruiting experience as a full lifecycle recruiter across varying functions and levels. Experience recruiting sales, G&A, field management, and field operations experience preferred.
- Experience working in a fast paced, high growth startup or retail operations is preferred.
- Ability and openness to recruit for any type of role and job level is key.
- True passion for hands-on recruiting and aligning candidates to their ideal role.
- Successful track record of closing a minimum of 10 salaried, exempt candidates per quarter in the recent past.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline preferred.
- Experience successfully sourcing candidates through creative channels (web, social, professional networks).
- Experience tracking, analyzing and reporting on your own recruiting metrics.
- Ability and willingness to schedule interviews and make candidate experience a number 1 priority.
- A strong and broad network of professional relationships and knowledge of candidate pools in a variety of levels, industries and functions.
- Confidence and solid experience managing senior-level hiring manager relationships and driving the recruiting process as a business partner.
- Excellent professional communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong data focus in day-to-day work.
- Strong organization skills, a self starter mentality and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a constantly changing, very fast-moving environment.
- Excellent experience working cross-functionally, driving activity and pushing on hiring managers where needed.
- Positivity, flexibility and an outgoing, approachable demeanor.
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spin company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.