Finance is one of the last great stale service industries, and customers are suffering for it. Lendable is building a proper financial institution from scratch using our technology, agility and attitude!
Our first product is offering personal loans. Or technically speaking (if you prefer): we have built the world's fastest consumer lending platform, powered by real-time, automated credit decisions and continuous risk pricing. To give you an idea, our relentless drive to automate and improve processes allows customers to apply for and receive their loan in well under 10 minutes on average (instead of the industry norm of days or weeks). Our second product will launch this year and we’re planning on much more!
We are well-funded, profitable, and grew fourfold last year. In the five years since we started we have lent over £700 million to UK consumers. We are a focused team of c.55 individuals with founders previously at Goldman Sachs, Rocket Internet and BCG, with 2 featured in Forbes’ 30 under 30 list. We are backed by the General Partners of Passion Capital who have also invested in Monzo and GoCardless, among others.
We have a unique, enthusiastic culture: we give talented and curious individuals the opportunity to stretch themselves and work in an environment that encourages growth.
What You’ll Be Working On:
As a software developer you’ll be working on the following projects:
- Brand new mobile app for a new product built with React Native
- Loans Platform that powers our existing business - an an isomorphic web application made with React
Our Tech Stack
- React and React Native
- MobX and Redux for React state management
- Stylus and SASS as CSS preprocessors
- PHP, Node.js, AWS, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Docker & Kubernetes
- Jenkins and CircleCI - we deploy to production as soon as we finish a feature
- Jest, Cucumber.js, Cypress and Detox for automated testing
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience in the full stack development of single-page applications
- TypeScript or any other static typed language
- React & Redux/MobX
- CSS pre and post-processors
- Experience working with server-side Node.js
- Experience with functional and unit testing framework and writing testable components
We’re not a corporate so we try our best to get things moving as quickly as possible. For this role we’d expect:
- A quick phone call with one of the team
- A short exercise to complete in your own time
- Onsite Interview
- Discuss the exercise you completed
- Meet the team
What you’ll get:
- The opportunity to build a new and improved financial institution from scratch!
- A best in class compensation package including stock options
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Lunch cooked by onsite chefs 3 times a week
- An open and honest culture with flat hierarchy
- Personal development and learning time
- A fun and inspiring work environment; featuring monthly socials, onsite Yoga every week, an annual one-week work event abroad for everyone (our last one was in Tuscany!) and more
- A multi-cultural team made up of dozens of different nationalities and backgrounds
- A unique office - one of the largest lofts in Shoreditch - with a fully stocked fridge and kitchen
- We're an equal opportunity employer and are looking to make Lendable one of the most inclusive and open workspaces in London