8fit understands the obstacles people face on their fitness journey. It often isn’t easy, and there’s no one-size-fits-all way to find lifelong health. That’s why we’ve set out to build the best way for people to achieve their personal fitness goals. 8fit makes healthy living fun and simple by providing tailored workouts, meal plans and guidance in one easy-to-use app.
Engineering at 8fit
We’re organized into cross-functional delivery teams with clear goals and lots of autonomy. We’re constantly looking to improve our tooling and working process.
We believe working culture is not a list of platitudes. It's defined by the behaviours of the team.
That being said, here are a few of the ideas we feel strongly about:
Great communication — The ability to exchange ideas efficiently is an important part of your skillset.
Take ownership — Operate with autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Do your own research, talk with others on the team and don’t let anything stand between you and the results you want.
Venture outside your comfort zone — Ask questions. Be critical. Suggest ways of improving internal process. Be humble, admit mistakes readily, and never stop learning.
Bias towards action — Assume your first iteration will need improvement. The sooner you launch the sooner you can improve. Instead of speculating come back next week with real data.
The web is your native environment. The HTTP protocol is your friend.
You care about building applications that are easy to extend and maintain because you've done it wrong in the past.
You have opinions about DDD or Clean Architecture.
- Deep understanding of Rails architecture and best practices
- Good testing methodology
- You have experience deploying websites at scale. CDNs, caching, query optimization, performance monitoring, etc
What it’s like to work at 8fit
We endorse healthy life choices to millions of people and we stick to them ourselves, so “work/life balance” is core to how we do things. But don’t just take our word for it – you’re welcome to drop by and meet the team! We’ve got a lovely office in Friedrichshain, right on the river Spree. It’s quiet, bright, well-stocked with healthy snacks, and every Friday, we get together for a healthy lunch.
Other perks of being an 8fitter:
- Flexible office hours, to ensure you have plenty of time to enjoy life (and fit in a workout)
- Stock options, so you can share in 8fit’s success
- A health & wellness benefit, naturally
- Yearly company offsite to escape harsh Berlin winters
- Remote work policy that allows for extra flexibility, year-round
- Professional development grants to help you learn and grow
- Relocation benefits and visa assistance for non-EU citizens
Read more here: http://8fit.com/about/
Include in your application:
What have you done before? What are you interested in? What motivates you? Please don’t send a generic cover letter. We’d rather hear your short intro in the summary section.
Health & Fitness